Im quiet familiar and how to mod lcpdfr but as im learning gta 5 is quite different. I installed a cvpi for police1 and the car is working fine. However the only way my lights and sirens work is if i go through the interaction menu. Its like that with all my police cars. Am i missing a mod?

18 hours ago, chevytrucks2021 said:

Im quiet familiar and how to mod lcpdfr but as im learning gta 5 is quite different. I installed a cvpi for police1 and the car is working fine. However the only way my lights and sirens work is if i go through the interaction menu. Its like that with all my police cars. Am i missing a mod?

What do you mean by the interaction menu?  Do you mean the LSPDFR menu that comes up when you hit "M"?  In normal GTA 5 hitting "E" on your keyboard (clicking left stick on an xbox controller) should activate code 3 lights.

Sorry guys it must have been a glitch or something. Im having a new issue now tho. I have successfully been able to mod a few cars here. I am trying to use the LSPD cruiser pack and i was successful in installing the cvpi and the charger. However the Taurus is showing under police 3 in open iv but in game its the default. Also having the same problem with sheriff. Im showing   SAHP CVPI in openiv but in game i have a different cvpi. 

1 hour ago, chevytrucks2021 said:

Sorry guys it must have been a glitch or something. Im having a new issue now tho. I have successfully been able to mod a few cars here. I am trying to use the LSPD cruiser pack and i was successful in installing the cvpi and the charger. However the Taurus is showing under police 3 in open iv but in game its the default. Also having the same problem with sheriff. Im showing   SAHP CVPI in openiv but in game i have a different cvpi. 

Did you put the police3 mod in patchday4ng? That's the usual location it should be dropped in.

By SAHP CVPI I assume you mean police4, that should just go in patchday3ng no problem (x64e May work as well).

Edited by MoreTextures

11 minutes ago, MoreTextures said:

Did you put the police3 mod in patchday4ng? That's the usual location it should be dropped in.

By SAHP CVPI I assume you mean police4, that should just go in patchday3ng no problem (x64e May work as well).

Yes that's where police3 is. Using mod folder 2 out of the 3 in the pack are showing in game.  All 3 are showing in openiv. And the sahp cvpi is actually sheriff. That how it is in the files even though it's skinned for highway. It worked in game once then it reverted however openiv still shows it correctly 

5 hours ago, chevytrucks2021 said:

Yes that's where police3 is. Using mod folder 2 out of the 3 in the pack are showing in game.  All 3 are showing in openiv. And the sahp cvpi is actually sheriff. That how it is in the files even though it's skinned for highway. It worked in game once then it reverted however openiv still shows it correctly 

Ok well I don't use a mods folder (I just have 2 GTA 5 folders) but to replace sheriff the files must be placed into patchday3ng.  If nothing works try to put the files into another update like mpchristmas2 or something.

Had to give up for a few days and play something else was getting to stressed trying to learn all this......gta 4 is much simpler lol......but i have the updated sherrif in both places now and openiv shows correctly...so far sheriff and police 3 are the only ones i am having issues with. I was able to install the impala caprice and tahoe with no problems. Those 2 are the only ones being stubborn.

openiv.png

19 hours ago, chevytrucks2021 said:

Had to give up for a few days and play something else was getting to stressed trying to learn all this......gta 4 is much simpler lol......but i have the updated sherrif in both places now and openiv shows correctly...so far sheriff and police 3 are the only ones i am having issues with. I was able to install the impala caprice and tahoe with no problems. Those 2 are the only ones being stubborn.

openiv.png

From what I can see from your photo you put police 3 into patchday3ng, but it should be put into patchday4ng. Maybe to troubleshoot your sheriff car issues you might want to go back in to the readme of the other cvpi that's showing up in-game and see if they had you (for some odd reason) place their sheriff file some where like patchday8ng or something like that.  If all else fails I suggest putting putting your "new" police3 and sheriff car files into the latest GTA 5/online update (which should be like January2016 I think)

On 2/19/2016 at 7:54 PM, steinberg4145 said:

From what I can see from your photo you put police 3 into patchday3ng, but it should be put into patchday4ng. Maybe to troubleshoot your sheriff car issues you might want to go back in to the readme of the other cvpi that's showing up in-game and see if they had you (for some odd reason) place their sheriff file some where like patchday8ng or something like that.  If all else fails I suggest putting putting your "new" police3 and sheriff car files into the latest GTA 5/online update (which should be like January2016 I think)

Thanks for being so patient with me....Honestly i can mod the hell out of 4 lol....i was able to successfully put the Taurus with the valor bar. The sheriff im trying to replace is bxbugs123 2011 crown vic LASD/LSSD. The only thing i can figure is bc of the auto installer im not entirely sure where it was installed. So its not accepting the one i actually want. Attached is the one i want and openiv is showing.

Untitled.png

9 minutes ago, chevytrucks2021 said:

Thanks for being so patient with me....Honestly i can mod the hell out of 4 lol....i was able to successfully put the Taurus with the valor bar. The sheriff im trying to replace is bxbugs123 2011 crown vic LASD/LSSD. The only thing i can figure is bc of the auto installer im not entirely sure where it was installed. So its not accepting the one i actually want. Attached is the one i want and openiv is showing.

Untitled.png

no problem I'm glad to help out. that makes sense with sheriff.  Personally I would have manually installed Bxbug123's cvpi because it's less confusing for me and i get to know where everything goes.  I'll try and go find out where it gets placed but just FYI you need to go edit a car variations.meta I just need to figure out which one.

Edited by steinberg4145

7 minutes ago, steinberg4145 said:

no problem I'm glad to help out. that makes sense with sheriff.  Personally I would have manually installed Bxbug123's cvpi because it's less confusing for me and i get to know where everything goes.  I'll try and go find out where it gets placed but just FYI you need to go edit a car variations.meta I just need to figure out which one.

This particular model only has auto installer. Otherwise i would have. Its a good model im just not a fain of the light bar on it and found one with a sleeker led bar. the document says its optimized for sheriff but apparently all the vehicles arent in one file like they were with the other game. Sherrif 2 is modded with a 2015 suburban. IDK its just getting frustrating bc i was able to install that police3 finally but a differnt model. And i got the impala in as well but no go on caprice. I think the auto installer installed a slicktop as well that went into police4 so im trying to find that too. Which btw is what the caprice is (police4)

3 minutes ago, chevytrucks2021 said:

This particular model only has auto installer. Otherwise i would have. Its a good model im just not a fain of the light bar on it and found one with a sleeker led bar. the document says its optimized for sheriff but apparently all the vehicles arent in one file like they were with the other game. Sherrif 2 is modded with a 2015 suburban. IDK its just getting frustrating bc i was able to install that police3 finally but a differnt model. And i got the impala in as well but no go on caprice. I think the auto installer installed a slicktop as well that went into police4 so im trying to find that too. Which btw is what the caprice is (police4)

Wait there's a caprice WTF?!!  Also back on topic for future reference you can circumvent the ovi installer by like either extracting it or just double clicking it.  But i'll take a look at where it gets installed sometime.

2 minutes ago, steinberg4145 said:

Wait there's a caprice WTF?!!  Also back on topic for future reference you can circumvent the ovi installer by like either extracting it or just double clicking it.  But i'll take a look at where it gets installed sometime.

lmao yes its the undercover....i just opened it in winrar and it looks like it is both vehicles in the pack that i cant replace. Maybe he will let me know where its installed

2 minutes ago, chevytrucks2021 said:

lmao yes its the undercover....i just opened it in winrar and it looks like it is both vehicles in the pack that i cant replace. Maybe he will let me know where its installed

Wait do you mean the impala or an actual caprice?

2 minutes ago, steinberg4145 said:

A lot of people mix up Bxbugs123's 2014 impala for a caprice and so it gets a bit confusing and annoying.

Yeah its does....i found them in patchday5

Is this where those models need to be added? or can i delete them from here and do it in the patchday3 like the rest of the cars. Sherrif2 was in patchday3 so i dont see why the car wouldnt be either. 

1 minute ago, chevytrucks2021 said:

Is this where those models need to be added? or can i delete them from here and do it in the patchday3 like the rest of the cars. Sherrif2 was in patchday3 so i dont see why the car wouldnt be either. 

The caprice is showing to be added in x64e so thats why im getting confused....he has police4 going to there and the caprice has it in a comepletely different location.

1 minute ago, chevytrucks2021 said:

Ok you could do either and leave it there and remember it's there or you can go ahead and delete it and replace the sheriff stuff in patchday3ng. Also try looking at your mpchristmas2 car variations.meta because I think that's where bxbugs dumps it

7 minutes ago, steinberg4145 said:

Ok you could do either and leave it there and remember it's there or you can go ahead and delete it and replace the sheriff stuff in patchday3ng. Also try looking at your mpchristmas2 car variations.meta because I think that's where bxbugs dumps it

Awesome man thanks that worked. the sherrif is in there now i just have to figure out how to fix the lights.

8 minutes ago, chevytrucks2021 said:

Awesome man thanks that worked. the sherrif is in there now i just have to figure out how to fix the lights.

The car variations.meta is what causes your lights issue

4 minutes ago, steinberg4145 said:

:thumbsup:

holy crap man thanks seriously. Once you told me they could be extracted i was able to find the install locations. I thought i was going to have to start over on everything. This process has been a nightmare but im able to make it work now. The lights are visible on through the top of the lightbar but im thinking its model bc it didnt have a carvarioations. Seriously you deserve a metal.  

2 minutes ago, chevytrucks2021 said:

holy crap man thanks seriously. Once you told me they could be extracted i was able to find the install locations. I thought i was going to have to start over on everything. This process has been a nightmare but im able to make it work now. The lights are visible on through the top of the lightbar but im thinking its model bc it didnt have a carvarioations. Seriously you deserve a metal.  

Ok I'm expecting a nice big hunk of stainless steel:tongue: