jaydyn1994

Vehicle mod files won't work

Hi all no issues with lspdfr it's self but I follow the instructions carefully to replace a vehicle in game with a modded one eg. Police 2 as per the instructions. But every time I launch the game after replacing the vehicle files it downloads 2Gb worth of content and deletes all the vehicle mods I just did..... Any ideas should be greatly appreciated 

17 hours ago, neonlazer said:

What do you mean it "downloads" files after launch? Did you put the new police2 files in the patchday3ng vehicle.rpf?

Yeah it downloads 2GB worth of data I am assuming it is detecting that the file is corrupted because the vehicle files have been changed 

To be fair to Jaydyn1994, it did it to me twice as well.  I got cocky after getting the mods and the one skin I wanted to work in the game, so I tried the for the vehicle ones.  No joy there.  The read me texts for the vehicle mods are for me vague.  I tried watching a youtube vid, but those are mostly people clicking on things really fast, and not explaining much.  I see a few more days of me trying to figure that out.  I tried twice, and like Jaydyn, after saving, and trying to start game, it goes into a download, 2.7gb dl that I don't wish to go through again.

These videos may assist. Yes, in the beginning it can be hard to understand, but once you do it several times, it gets easier.

I will try to explain it in the simplest terms. For installing mods, there are 4 locations I use.

UPDATE FOLDER

Vehicle files - update/x64/dlcpacks/patchday8ng/dlc.rpf/x64/levels/gta5/vehicles.rpf

Carvariation.meta - update/x64/dlcpacks/mpxmas_604490

UPDATE.RPF

Vehicle.meta - update.rpf/common/data/levels/gta/vehicles.meta

Handling.meta/VisualSettings.dat - update.rpf/common/data/

In quick steps, using OpenIV, put ALL your vehicle models(ytd,yft) into the vehicle.rpf in latest DLC. Go ingame to check to see models work, there may be lighting issues. Next update the carvariations in mpxmas_604490 DLC. Now go ingame and test all lights and such to make sure they look and operate correctly. Next if needed, is the vehicle.meta, usually for updating the <FLAG> line to keep your pushbar from falling off easily. Handling.meta is usually something you do on your own, if you want to install a police3 vehicle in a fbi2 slot, you may need to copy the handling files over unless you want a ford explorer that flips over like a hotdog.

I could do a stream if you guys would like a tutorial.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ZnBwl7R4cg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-M05f2MYo70

Edited by neonlazer

Ever since the most recent update I have had an issue where I do exactly what i used to do (And it worked before the update)

So the old ways aren't working right now for some of us since the game won't let steam users play unless they update...