sjain

Lots of Texture loss, LCPDFR crashing

Hi all,

First of all, I had a laptop with Intel HD Graphics 3000 and I had no texture loss at all. Now that I have my new PC, I want to play it with a nice enb.

However, I get completely random texture loss for no apparent reason, and I am using the same vehicles.img file as the one on my laptop. I do not know how to fix this, and I have tried every commandline I can think of, but the game runs at 60fps, putting the game on an SSD does nothing. Aside from this, LCPDFR randomly crashes when I get into a vehicle. Attached are all my logs and a few screenshots of what it is like.

Stats about my game:

• Have applied Large Address aware and the 4GB_Patch.
  • Vehicle.img size 116MB, added vehicles 9MB
  • Modded cars: All police cars, with police3, police4, burrito, comet and chavos.
  • Have applied the SLI bits config from https://forums.geforce.com/default/topic/563164/sli/grand-theft-auto-iv-sli-profile/
  • VSync is off
  • I have all cop peds modded
  • Weapons and cars do not spawn from trainer.
  • Using CryENB V3 High Enb preset, enbseries.ini from Eyecandy ENB V6

I am also unsure of which AdvancedHook and Scripthook version I should be using, I can't remember if I should use the one from LCPDFR or the ELS installs.

PC Specs:

CPU: i7 5820K @ 3.3Ghz

CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i GTX

Motherboard: Asus X99-A

RAM: Kingston HyperX Fury Black DDR4 OC @ 2133Mhz

GPU: 2x Zotac GTX 980Ti AMP! SLI

PSU: Corsair RM1000 80+ Gold

SSD: 480GB Kingston SSDNow

HDD: Seagate 2TB 7200RPM

Case: Corsair 780T

Monitor: Acer S277HKwmidpp IPS 4K

Logs:

AdvancedHook.log

AdvancedHookInit.log

commandline.txt

LCPDFR.log

log.log

ScriptHook.log

ScriptHookDotNet.log

vdh_Errors.log

Screenshots:

hate texture loss (1).jpg

hate texture loss (2).jpg

hate texture loss (3).jpg

hate texture loss (4).jpg

hate texture loss (5).jpg

hate texture loss (6).jpg

hate texture loss (7).jpg

hate texture loss (8).jpg

hate texture loss (9).jpg

All help is widely welcome, leave your thoughts below.

P.S. Sorry for the long post, the spoiler tags don't seem to work

Edited by N4Cer

I am by no means positive, but I had this issue repeatedly when I used to play GTA:IV & EFLC with modded cars. Certain cars that are high-poly (Complex structures, detailed interiors, etc.) put more stress on your game when it loads in textures and results in that popping. I'm sure you'll notice a trend of it whenever a certain model car is loaded in/etc. 

There really is no way to avoid this at GTA:IV was really, and in all honesty, just an unstable game and will nearly always end up that way if you mod it enough. GTA:V is much more stable. 

ALSO: Note I said stress on your game, not neccesarily your computer. I have a pretty good rig similar to yours and, while I maintained high fps always, the texture issues are game-side and unrelated to the performance of your fps. 

Edited by deliberent

12 hours ago, deliberent said:

I am by no means positive, but I had this issue repeatedly when I used to play GTA:IV & EFLC with modded cars. Certain cars that are high-poly (Complex structures, detailed interiors, etc.) put more stress on your game when it loads in textures and results in that popping. I'm sure you'll notice a trend of it whenever a certain model car is loaded in/etc. 

There really is no way to avoid this at GTA:IV was really, and in all honesty, just an unstable game and will nearly always end up that way if you mod it enough. GTA:V is much more stable. 

ALSO: Note I said stress on your game, not neccesarily your computer. I have a pretty good rig similar to yours and, while I maintained high fps always, the texture issues are game-side and unrelated to the performance of your fps. 

I really wanted to play with NYPD cars and an ENB in LC again, but I guess it's time to move to V. But I strill am waiting for an answer. Thanks for your advice mate.

Thats the shitty D3D9 experience my friend. Thats nothing to do with your setup.

2 hours ago, Starmix said:

Thats the shitty D3D9 experience my friend. Thats nothing to do with your setup.

I know right, but there must be some commandline setting somewhere... :(

My above comment, GTA IV can not be fixed full stop

11 minutes ago, Starmix said:

My above comment, GTA IV can not be fixed full stop

Damn, sorry. I was blinded by my desire to play it! But @Stevetrackboyz managed to do it, have messaged him on youtube but I guess it won't work :sleep: