Sign in to follow this  
Bobjimmy123

What is the best way to install car mods?

Hi I'm really confused with how to install car mods using OpenIV. This process was really easy in GTAIV and I'm just wondering what the best way to do this is. If there is another forum explaining how to then please forward me on to it. Thanks!

1/ Make a mods folder. Always. Read this for info.

2/ Change models in the right vehicle.rpf. There are many of them, often one for each of the Online update. The most recent ones overwrite the older ones. That's why there's for example a police3.ytf file which is the interceptor vanilla police car both in the x64e archive and many others. But the latest one, located in patchday4ng, overwrite others. So basically, if you want to change the car in the police3 slot, you've to change the model in the according folder.

3/ Path to vehicles are as following (I put between brackets to what they refer in the game):

update/x64/dlcpacks/patchday1ng/dlc.rpf/x64/levels/gta5/vehicle.rpf -> policeb (police bike)

update/x64/dlcpacks/patchday2ng/dlc.rpf/x64/levels/gta5/vehicle.rpf - fbi2 (unmarked granger)

update/x64/dlcpacks/patchday3ng/dlc.rpf/x64/levels/gta5/vehicle.rpf - police2 (LSPD buffalo), riot (armored truck), sheriff (sheriff stanier), sheriff2 (sheriff granger), towtruck (in case you want to change the towtruck with some model)

update/x64/dlcpacks/patchday4ng/dlc.rpf/x64/levels/gta5/vehicle.rpf - police3 (LSPD police interceptor)

x64e/level/gta5/vehicle.rpf - fbi (unmarked buffalo), police (LSPD stanier), police4 (unmarked stanier), policet (police transport), pranger (park ranger)

Edited by Hystery