Apologies if this is in the wrong place. (More than likely is).

I'm new to the forums and fairly new to LSPDFR.

The vast majority of the time when I pull a suspect over, or a random pedestrian they run. Like 99% of the time. As soon as I point my gun to arrest, they run. It seems once they begin to run they never surrender, I always have to kill them/knock them out. Real loss of immersion. Am I missing something?

Random pullovers, ask for ID, run ID, go back over to window and they either drive away for no reason (no warrants, active license etc) or I ask them to get out the car, point my gun and BAM, they run away. 

Also, what mods are you all running? Could it be conflicting mods causing the issue?

Again, my bad if this is in the wrong section. Would appreciate a heads up! 

7 minutes ago, CouthInk4 said:

Aim with a gun and press E (you may have to press it multiple time) for them to surrender. if you're on a controller then aim and press right on the D-Pad

Thanks for the reply. Yeah that's what I'm doing however they run before I even get a chance to press E / D-Pad. 

1 minute ago, InspectorDamage said:

Thanks for the reply. Yeah that's what I'm doing however they run before I even get a chance to press E / D-Pad. 

Have you tried tazing them, then as they're getting up do the arrest button? that's how i always do it, use the taser of bump them with my car.

29 minutes ago, CouthInk4 said:

Have you tried tazing them, then as they're getting up do the arrest button? that's how i always do it, use the taser of bump them with my car.

Okay cool, I have tried that, I must be missing something. Thanks for the help! 

Out of curiosity, what mods are you running? 

2 minutes ago, InspectorDamage said:

Okay cool, I have tried that, I must be missing something. Thanks for the help! 

All my mods are listed in this text file (don't mind the formatting, it's intended for the description in my YouTube videos) 

YT technical BS.txt

3 hours ago, InspectorDamage said:

When you experience problems, always try running LSPDFR with none first. Add them back in one by one until the problem surfaces again.

I also recommend Foot Pursuit Aid. It allows you to sprint short distances with the push of a button for a cost of a little bit of health (controls and amount of health loss is adjustable). Makes foot chases great and not frustrating.

19 hours ago, CouthInk4 said:

All my mods are listed in this text file (don't mind the formatting, it's intended for the description in my YouTube videos) 

YT technical BS.txt

Cool thanks, I'll check your channel out later! 

15 hours ago, unr3al said:

When you experience problems, always try running LSPDFR with none first. Add them back in one by one until the problem surfaces again.

Yeah that's what I've done now, going to load them up one by one. Could you recommend a good mod manager?

5 hours ago, Mannulus said:

I also recommend Foot Pursuit Aid. It allows you to sprint short distances with the push of a button for a cost of a little bit of health (controls and amount of health loss is adjustable). Makes foot chases great and not frustrating.

I'll check it out, thanks for the recommendation. 

10 hours ago, InspectorDamage said:

Yeah that's what I've done now, going to load them up one by one. Could you recommend a good mod manager?

No, sorry. I don't play with any mods except LSPDFR because I'm a tester for G17. Adding on more mods might create problems like the ones you're having, so I don't want to incorrectly attribute those problems to LSPDFR and give bad feedback to the developers.

On 12/29/2015 at 9:53 AM, InspectorDamage said:

Apologies if this is in the wrong place. (More than likely is).

I'm new to the forums and fairly new to LSPDFR.

The vast majority of the time when I pull a suspect over, or a random pedestrian they run. Like 99% of the time. As soon as I point my gun to arrest, they run. It seems once they begin to run they never surrender, I always have to kill them/knock them out. Real loss of immersion. Am I missing something?

Random pullovers, ask for ID, run ID, go back over to window and they either drive away for no reason (no warrants, active license etc) or I ask them to get out the car, point my gun and BAM, they run away. 

Also, what mods are you all running? Could it be conflicting mods causing the issue?

Again, my bad if this is in the wrong section. Would appreciate a heads up! 

Doesn't hurt to get multiple opinions in here I guess.

Sometimes you might be having a really bad streak of people that just like to run.  I have had this happen countless times.  This happens A LOT when you are ordering someone out of the car with E.  I would say they will run 95% of the time.  Its a game mechanic.  Not sure if it will be fixed in LSPDFR 0.3 or not.   For some reason the person in the car doesn't look at you as a cop but a crazy person with a gun.  

Also do like mentioned above.  You can try and taze them,  sometimes they might comply and other times they will not.  Also there seems to be a weird bug that happens sometimes, that allows you to still play LSPDFR,  you can even do a pull over,  yet the moment you point your gun they run and you can't arrest them.  BUT if another AI cop arrives all of a sudden the person complies?   Yes very strange.  

Here is how I fixed those situations.  Bring down your Rage Console (Default to F4).  Go ahead and type in LoadPlugin LSPD (Now just press Tab) it will finish the sentence for you.  You will be left with this on your screen in Rage Console  LoadPlugin "LSPD First Response.dll"   Just press Enter.  wait about 10 seconds, it will reload.   NOW JUMP and PRESS F9 at the same time.  (Note your cop model will change appearance)   now try and arrest someone,  should work.   But once again don't point the gun at them in the car as they will just flee.  Instead, ask them out of the car and then point your gun.  The new arrest mechanics in LSPDFR 0.3 will probably resolve all of this issue and I can't wait as you do not even need to point a gun anymore if you do not want to.

Edited by OfficerBenzo
Typos