CheddaJohn

Question about ANPR hits

Is it a glitch when I run their ID and sometimes they aren't really wanted for what the ANPR hit told me?

Whenever I get an ANPR callout, I code 3 to the vicinity then go silent and make my way behind them. I usually wait for them to fuck up before pulling them over. Let's say it was a grand theft auto/carjacking hit. If the dispatch tells me the car is registered to X and the ID also says X, then I let them go. Is this correct or is it a bug and the ANPR hits are accurate?

Sometimes they are wanted for murder yet dispatch tells me otherwise.

Just confused on how I should handle these.

Well first off, for your carjacking hit, it means that that vehicle and its occupants/owners are wanted for Grand Theft Auto, or the car is stolen. On ANPR hits of that sort, I would always take them in, because it does not necessarily mean they are driving a stolen vehicle, but they are still wanted for that same charge. If you receive a call of a Stolen Vehicle, pull the vehicle over, and the plate registration does not match up with the driver's ID, then I would take them in. If they do, then it is the driver's lucky day. The ANPR hits are part of Albo1125's Traffic Policer mod. I am under the impression that they do NOT correspond with LSPDFR's ID and Plate system, in the way that Police Radio does. So if the ANPR call tells you they are wanted for Murder, but a plate and ID check reveals nothing, you can take it however you want. That's the beauty of LSPDFR, everyone polices in their own way. Personally, I take them in, because its more fun, and it is how the call is designed and supposed to work. Let me know if you have anymore questions!

Happy patrolling,

Forsakenbacon17

Forsakenbacon hit the nail on the head. The key thing is that you play LSPDFR how you want to play it. Those rare instances where I find none of the vehicles occupants are wanted or, I'll let them go with the assumption the registered owner of the car is wanted but the registered owner wasn't in the vehicle so I just let them go free. The updated Police Radio mod is wayy more accurate than the previous version so it eliminates the possibility of things not matching up, but if through investigation I find no one in the vehicle is wanted, I let them go free. 

On 12/25/2015 at 6:43 PM, theninja35 said:

Bacon is correct, Albo's mod does not correspond with LSPDFR's system for ID/plates. Therefore, when you "call in" to dispatch, dispatch will most likely say the person/plate is clean.

Yep ninja is correct here.  Would be cool to get a match, but I am still happy with it.  I just like the names to match at least.  Although sometimes I still get names mismatch every now and then, but its rare. 

I've only encountered once when the driver didn't either take off or get out of the car and do something crazy but as others said you can judge the situation depending on the registration and driver's ID. After all, I do think ANPR system does go wrong in real-life too.