TheUniT

GTA IV with mods on Windows 10

Does GTA4 crash less often on Windows 10?  

12 members have voted

1. 1. Does GTA4 crash less often on Windows 10?

• Yes, it definitely improved my GTA4 experience.
    • I haven't noticed any difference when playing.

Hey.

I've read that some people had a very positive experience with GTA4 mods, including LCPDFR, on Windows 10. Supposedly it crashes a lot less and overall runs better.
But I've also read about people saying that nothing has changed for them.

So I was thinking about installing GTA4 with mods again. But before I do that, I'd like to know if it's worth it. A few more experiences would help me decide whether to install it or not.

Thanks for sharing. :thumbsup:

Hi TheUniT!

I recently started playing Grand Theft Auto IV again and I noticed I crash about 50% less than I did when I played on Windows 7 and Windows 10. I can play for around an hour straight now before I notice anything odd start to happen. Take note that is with a full civilian car pack, all my police models replaced, and ENB, and a ton of scripts/plugins. You still have to be smart about what models you put in your game but if you take the time to make sure what you are putting into the game is reliable then you should be completely fine. If you have any other questions let me know and I'll answer them to the best of my ability.

I play GTA4 often and with Win10 it feels like GTA4 is more stable. Sure, it crashes sometimes but not as often as when i was on Windows 8.1

Test yourself! Good Luck!

Lévo

I can play on average up to 1 - 3 hours straight now. Generally I NEVER crash anymore, the main cause for me to leave game would be to texture loss causes by some high poly item entering my game.

1 hour ago, TheUniT said:

Hey.

I've read that some people had a very positive experience with GTA4 mods, including LCPDFR, on Windows 10. Supposedly it crashes a lot less and overall runs better.
But I've also read about people saying that nothing has changed for them.

So I was thinking about installing GTA4 with mods again. But before I do that, I'd like to know if it's worth it. A few more experiences would help me decide whether to install it or not.

Thanks for sharing. :thumbsup:

To be honest, I haven't noticed that much difference in my experience on playing GTA IV EFLC on the PC. However since I only have GTA IV EFLC on steam and not GTA 5 (yet) on the PC from steam, I might try out LCPDFR some time next month.

So since I have the disc version of GTA4, I won't be able to play it because of Windows 10 security stuff. However, I have EFLC on Steam, I'll try if that works fine.