Help, Need input

I have been trying to install "improved state trooper" in my component peds file. All are correctly going into the right files. Once selecting my_strooper from SNT or character select (LCPDFR)  the game crashes with FATAL ERROR RESC10 

I have googled many " fixes " and none seem to work.  command lines / memory clearing cache  / etc. I found a download for traffic cop, i downloaded, installed it and that mod seems to work just fine.

my_strooper i cannot get work AT ALL. 

GTAIV  - DISK

1.0.7.0. - Patch

AMD - A8 4500M with Radeon 1.90 ghz

6.00 gb 

64 bit operating system x64 based processor

UPSTATE NEW YORK
 CORRECTIONS OFFICER

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Could have installed a bad mod maybe? did you backup your files?

EDIT: Disable SNT & try the in-game trainer on gta 4 mods.com, see if that helps.

Edited by Slimory

Kmpjq5P.gif

i've re downloaded several times. keep getting this error, ill try the in game trainer

EDIT ** - downloaded & installed in game trainer, spawned my_strooper - game crashed with RESC10 fatal error

Edited by C.O. N.Y.

UPSTATE NEW YORK
 CORRECTIONS OFFICER

Try & use xlive instead of dsound.

If that doesn't help, try a reinstall & install that mod first after you the patches & stuff.

xlive affects scripts, it will not affect installed peds.

OP: Have you tried installing any other peds in that slot? That'll narrow down if it's the mod, or if it's your game causing the issues.

Are you using OpenIV Or SparkIV to open the componentpeds?

Easiest way to switch out cop models imo.

i've actually used both, same results

xlive affects scripts, it will not affect installed peds.

OP: Have you tried installing any other peds in that slot? That'll narrow down if it's the mod, or if it's your game causing the issues.

Tom, ive used the NYS trooper made by ridgerunner, no issues there, just the IMPROVED TROOPER

UPSTATE NEW YORK
 CORRECTIONS OFFICER

If I remember correctly, early 1.0 versions of LCPDFR had problems using different models and textures then the default ones.  I would try individually installing all of your scripts so at least the problem is isolated.  Also make sure you are using the latest version of LCPDFR.

UPDATE : - new install, only thing i installed was LCPDFR, SNT, and the IMPROVED STATE TROOPER - still got RESC10 fatal error

Then it's the model. Nothing you can do about that. You're just going to have to find another mod.

Then it's the model. Nothing you can do about that. You're just going to have to find another mod.

thaat sucks lol, do you mod at all ??

thaat sucks lol, do you mod at all ??

UPSTATE NEW YORK
 CORRECTIONS OFFICER

Try putting the Trooper model into a different slot, like Traffic cop or another one that you don't use ( if you replace fat cop, be sure to change the walking style).

uniforms dont line up

UPSTATE NEW YORK
 CORRECTIONS OFFICER

Yes. I do vehicles and I've got my own private peds that I have made.

All i am looking for is NYS TROOPER by ridgerunner to have an ear piece and shoulder mic lol, i tried ZMODEL and have no clue how to use it. I tried the improved state trooper bc its the closest thing that resembles our troopers

UPSTATE NEW YORK
 CORRECTIONS OFFICER

You won't be able to do it in Zmodeler. You need to use 3DSMax or similar., 

still wouldnt have a clue haha

if i install the 30 day trial, is it hard to use ?

Edited by C.O. N.Y.

UPSTATE NEW YORK
 CORRECTIONS OFFICER