fabs142

Game plays for 10 mins and then crashes!

Hey Guys,

Got my new PC today so I can finally play GTA IV LCPDFR :D

So this is whats happening. It has taken me forever to get GTA IV to run on a pc which is exceeds the spec the game requires. I finally managed to get it to work after watching various youtube videos on how to make it work.

I was sooo happy when it started and I can play it but as soon as I play the game for 10 minutes it just shuts down and brings me back to my desktop. A message says something went wrong but I cant understand it.

I have LCPDFR installed and that runs perfectly. Downside is when I imported Metropolitan Police Mods it doesn't work. I use the spark and it says its imported successfully and saves no problem. When I activate LCPDFR the mods aren't there! :"(

I understand that Rockstar want to make a game where it has more to it but if it keeps failing! Why? It's causing more hassle than what its worth!

Someone Please Please Please HELP ME!

Using mods causes problems almost in 90% cases (the game is not very mod friendly). Try removing mods and see what happens (you can leave only LCPDFR and see how does it work)

I understand that Rockstar want to make a game where it has more to it but if it keeps failing! Why? It's causing more hassle than what its worth!

Huh? Rockstar never approved modding. It's entirely unoffical. Infact, the game is made to make modding difficult.

It keeps failing because either you're doing something wrong, overloading your system or using something incompatible with the mod you're installing.

And yes, modding is a lot of effort because it is unofficial. Once you learn it it's generally easy. If you think it's more hassle than it's worth, you may consider not continuing.

Do you have a legal copy of the game? Did you update it  to the latest patch? Also, keep in mind that mods aren't officially supported.