danielag94

GTA IV won't launch due to DEP

Hi, after installing lcpdfr 1.0b on my desktop, i wasn't able to launch GTA IV because after the social club log a window would pop up and immediately say GTA IV has stopped working. Then a little window at the bottom would pop up and saying "Grand Theft Auto IV was closed" and its description said Data Execution Prevention had stopped it. Before installing lcpdfr, my game would start and run great, I am running windows vista. I run the game as administrator, i've installed lcpdfr multiple times, attempted manual install, attempted disabling DEP, attempted using the default option in like it was said in one of the topic, so idk what to do. I know i must post my computer specs but idk how if someone could answer that for me too. Thank you so much for the time spent to help me. I really appreciate it.

Edited by danielag94

Make sure you're using LaunchGTAIV.exe instead of GTAIV.exe

Did you install LCPDFR on a vanilla install of GTA IV?

Yes, i haven't added anything to the game except for lcpdfr, and i think i managed to check it. I selected properties on my shortcut and in the target it said my GTA IV main folder then "launchgtaIV.exe".

Edited by danielag94

I've the same problem and there's nothing wrong with my directory. Game works fine without LCPDFR, but when I launch GTAIV as an administrator the game stops working.. Really fustrating

My DEP is set that way, for only to be turned on for essential windows programs and services and it still won't let me play.

Doesn't work Jay..

Probably at the point you should contact Microsoft or post on a Windows support forum, there's clearly something up with your system.

i contacted windows support and they said that the Data execution prevention (dep) needs to be turned off. They wanted to charge me $99 to do that...lol