cwalton311

ELS V8 Lighting color?

My apologies if this isn't in the right area, as I am having issues navigating this website.

In ELS V7 the area around my car when ELS was activated would flash with both red and blue lights. With the current set up of cars I have installed now one car has all blue primary lights. The area around my cars when ELS is on is all red. How do I change this? And can I make the area lights red/blue for some cars and just blue for others?
Thank you.

I don't have any files attached below. Again, my apologies is this isn't the right thread. 

I am running LCPDFR V1.0b and ELS v8

You should be able to change the area flash, However i don't know how.

There is a user manual that came with ELS v7 that tells you how to though, so consult the manual:)

No, this area is for support with the LCPDFR mod only; other issues go into GTA IV Support Requests. I'm moving this thread there now.

The forum is not a substitute to reading the user manual that comes with ELS. You'll specifically want to refer to sections 2.06, 3.01, 6.06, and 6.07.

Edited by willpv23

The forum is not a substitute to reading the user manual that comes with ELS. You'll specifically want to refer to sections 2.06, 3.01, 6.06, and 6.07.

I am aware of that. I have already read through the under manual was looking for somebody to further help me as it did not answer my question.

No, this area is for support with the LCPDFR mod only; other issues go into GTA IV Support Requests. I'm moving this thread there now.

Thank you!

I am aware of that. I have already read through the under manual was looking for somebody to further help me as it did not answer my question.

Thank you!

• Open default_config.ini
  • Scroll to [ ENV_LIGHT_COLORS ]
  • Change whichever extras you wish to change. Acceptable colors are RED, BLUE, EBLUE, WHITE, AMBER, GREEN, MAGENTA. Extras 1-4 are primary lights, usually the lights on the lightbar. Extras 5-6 are the warning lights, usually wig-wags/takedowns. Extras 7-9 are secondary lights, usually a traffic advisor.
  • Save as a name other than default_config, i.e. police.ini.
  • Open _SLOTCONTROL.ini
  • For the car you wish to use the configuration file you just created, i.e. [ POLICE ], change "File = default_config" to "File = [name of your file, i.e. police]"
  • Repeat for every car you wish to change
Edited by willpv23

• Open default_config.ini
  • Scroll to [ ENV_LIGHT_COLORS ]
  • Change whichever extras you wish to change. Acceptable colors are RED, BLUE, EBLUE, WHITE, AMBER, GREEN, MAGENTA. Extras 1-4 are primary lights, usually the lights on the lightbar. Extras 5-6 are the warning lights, usually wig-wags/takedowns. Extras 7-9 are secondary lights, usually a traffic advisor.
  • Save as a name other than default_config, i.e. police.ini.
  • Open _SLOTCONTROL.ini
  • For the car you wish to use the configuration file you just created, i.e. [ POLICE ], change "File = default_config" to "File = [name of your file, i.e. police]"
  • Repeat for every car you wish to change

Oh my gosh, thank you will! I had to repeat your steps a couple of times, but I finally got it! Thank you much!

Oh my gosh, thank you will! I had to repeat your steps a couple of times, but I finally got it! Thank you much!

Glad to help.