Gandyware

LCPDFR 1.0 wont work error in script loader

I have been trying for a long time to get this working. I have tried all the solutions from other threads but with no luck. When I load the game, trying to activate lcpdfr doesn't work. I get an error at the top that says error loading loader.loader. Clean install of GTA IV and of LCPDFR. Installer for LCPDFR was run as administrator. GTAIV.exe and Launcher are also run as administrator and in compatability mode for windows 7. OS is Win 7 32 bit. C++ Redistributible 2012 x86, 2010 x86, and 2005 x86 installed. .NET 4.5 installed. STEAM version of GTA IV. My logs are attached below. Please help if you can. Thanks very much

-Mark Gandy

I had that prob as well ... go to your root folder for GTAIV ... make sure that xlive.dll is there ... i never had any luck using dsound.dll

I have been trying for a long time to get this working. I have tried all the solutions from other threads but with no luck. When I load the game, trying to activate lcpdfr doesn't work. I get an error at the top that says error loading loader.loader. Clean install of GTA IV and of LCPDFR. Installer for LCPDFR was run as administrator. GTAIV.exe and Launcher are also run as administrator and in compatability mode for windows 7. OS is Win 7 32 bit. C++ Redistributible 2012 x86, 2010 x86, and 2005 x86 installed. .NET 4.5 installed. STEAM version of GTA IV. My logs are attached below. Please help if you can. Thanks very much

-Mark Gandy

The error you're getting is the following.

System.BadImageFormatException: Could not load file or assembly 'AdvancedHook.dll' or one of its dependencies.  is not a valid Win32 application.

This means the game isn't able to load AdvancedHook.dll because of a missing dependency. Get the diagnostics tool to run a check on your installation and let me know what it says.

I had that prob as well ... go to your root folder for GTAIV ... make sure that xlive.dll is there ... i never had any luck using dsound.dll

That shouldn't  make a difference, it's advancedhook which is failing to load not an asi script. Although xlive is more stable than dsound.

The error you're getting is the following.

System.BadImageFormatException: Could not load file or assembly 'AdvancedHook.dll' or one of its dependencies.  is not a valid Win32 application.

This means the game isn't able to load AdvancedHook.dll because of a missing dependency. Get the diagnostics tool to run a check on your installation and let me know what it says.

Diagnostic tool says everything is fine. However, when I try to view the log from the diagnostic tool, it crashes. I ran it as administrator and in advanced mode. Also just for fun I tried using xlive rather than dsound. No change. I do appreciate the feedback

-Mark

Diagnostic tool says everything is fine. However, when I try to view the log from the diagnostic tool, it crashes. I ran it as administrator and in advanced mode. Also just for fun I tried using xlive rather than dsound. No change. I do appreciate the feedback

-Mark

Hmm, strange, diagnostic tool isn't spitting out any errors with the install so you have the dependencies and it is obviously reading them.

Can I see your GTA IV directory please?

You say you did a clean install of both GTA IV and LCPDFR, but did you wipe out your GTA IV folder before reinstalling? Your ASIlog.txt has this line

"ASI loaded : C:Program FilesSteamsteamappscommonGrand Theft Auto IVGTAIVELS.asi, Address 0x00000000"

Which if you don't understand, is saying it's found and loaded the ELS script.

I advise you at this point to do a completely clean install, wipe out the entire directory and then reinstall GTA IV and only LCPDFR 1.0b and see if that fixes it, you may have a conflict issue somewhere.

Edited by LukeD

Here is my directory. I will do a complete reinstall of lcpdfr and gta iv. I didn't do a clean REinstall of GTA IV, it was a clean install in the first place. Just got the game on this computer. I'll reinstall and report back

Yes! Reinstalling seems to have fixed it. Now I just need to figure out why the game crashes moments after I call a pursuit. But it's working so I'm happy. Thanks!