Exo 401

Looking for Taxi with no roof ads

Hi, I'm looking for Taxi model(s) that do not have the roof ads, preferably the vanilla model(s) but others are fine.

You can disable the vanilla signs with the trainer if you just wish to drive it, and I guess you can disable those in the vehicle settings files too. 

You can disable the vanilla signs with the trainer if you just wish to drive it, and I guess you can disable those in the vehicle settings files too. 

I wouldn't be driving them, because my visual settings is modified, they ads glow really bright and it's a distraction and looks bad. Would be nice if someone could modify the cars to just only use the tiny taxi sign.

Also, how could I disable them in the vehicle settings?

Edit: If I went to vehicles.ide and removed the 'ext_requi", would that remove them? I'm gonna try.

Edit 2: Didn't work :/

Edited by Exo 401

You want to edit the taxi sign textures and make them much, much darker.

Hi guys. I actually used Zmodeler and removed the large ad signs on both models. The first taxi came out fine,the second one, not really. Sometimes it spawns with no sign at all and in the distance you can still see a glow but goes away when closer to me.

Hi guys. I actually used Zmodeler and removed the large ad signs on both models. The first taxi came out fine,the second one, not really. Sometimes it spawns with no sign at all and in the distance you can still see a glow but goes away when closer to me.

Sounds like you left one of the LODs in the model.

Make sure you've deleted the following:

extra_9

extra_9_L0

extra_9_L1

extra_9_L2

extra_8

extra_8_L0

extra_8_L1

extra_8_L2

extra_7

extra_7_L0

extra_7_L1

extra_7_L2

and finally delete extra_9 [COL].

They should all be under 'extra_9' in zmod anyway so just delete that whole subfolder.

Sounds like you left one of the LODs in the model.

Make sure you've deleted the following:

extra_9

extra_9_L0

extra_9_L1

extra_9_L2

extra_8

extra_8_L0

extra_8_L1

extra_8_L2

extra_7

extra_7_L0

extra_7_L1

extra_7_L2

and finally delete extra_9 [COL].

They should all be under 'extra_9' in zmod anyway so just delete that whole subfolder.

That's how I did it for the Taxi1 and everything was fine. I could shoot it up and the game would not crash. I did the same exact thing for Taxi2, but if I try to shoot the windows the game crashes to desktop. I'm newbie to Zmodeler so I don't know how to fix that problem and don't understand why it worked fine for Taxi1 but gives me problems with Taxi2.

What I did to fix the game from crashing after shooting the window of Taxi2 was delete some parts, but as I said before now the car spawns with either a small Taxi sign or nothing, and I can see the glow from the large sign from a distance but it disappears once I get near it.

If someone could do it do and just send me the file that would be great or maybe try to steer me in the right direction? 

Edit: Someone said this to me below, but I don't get it. If I check mark the chasis [COL], it brings up the low quality lod, which I don't see how you would edit it. I tried going to the windscreen_r, windscreen,window_rf, window_rr and editing those to what the person said should be the values but the game still crashed.

"You have to edit the chasis[COL] to match the windows polygons.

2 - shot-through polygon

79 - metal panel, bullet shells appear when shot

80 - plastic panel, bullet shells appear when shot

135..138 - glass with different durability.

135, 136 will be smashed with a single shot;

137 is mostly used for rear windscreen - it can show cracks when shot but takes just few bullet shots before smashed completely;

138 is for front windscreen - it can handle several shotgun shots before smashing.

It has to be individual polygons and the ones that match the windows only.

Edited by Exo 401

What export settings are you using?

Try the following:

1) Right click 'chassis_L0' and select show isolated

2) Using the menu on the left hand side, click display, local axes ( expand the local axes panel by clicking the little box next to it ) then make sure the following is selected - Keep Object and Orientation.

3) Select 'Reset to World'

4) Click on the chassis in your display window

5) Right click 'chassis_L0' and select show the rest

Repeat this for chassis_L1 and chassis_L2

If ever I'm having a problem with a car model I usually find this fixes issues.

If this doesn't fix the problem try doing the above method for everything within taxi2.

-- update --

Reading your edited post you don't need to worry about the chassis COL because you've already deleted extra_9 [COL] which relates to damage of the taxi sign.

Before you export the car make sure you do the following:

Right click on taxi2.wft --> linking --> unlink children --> right click on taxi2.wft again and then delete. Once you've done this, then export the car from zmod.

Edited by VWking

What export settings are you using?

Try the following:

1) Right click 'chassis_L0' and select show isolated

2) Using the menu on the left hand side, click display, local axes ( expand the local axes panel by clicking the little box next to it ) then make sure the following is selected - Keep Object and Orientation.

3) Select 'Reset to World'

4) Click on the chassis in your display window

5) Right click 'chassis_L0' and select show the rest

Repeat this for chassis_L1 and chassis_L2

If ever I'm having a problem with a car model I usually find this fixes issues.

If this doesn't fix the problem try doing the above method for everything within taxi2.

-- update --

Reading your edited post you don't need to worry about the chassis COL because you've already deleted extra_9 [COL] which relates to damage of the taxi sign.

Before you export the car make sure you do the following:

Right click on taxi2.wft --> linking --> unlink children --> right click on taxi2.wft again and then delete. Once you've done this, then export the car from zmod.

I export it as 

File name: Taxi2

Save as type: GTA IV

Preferable Textures: .Png

Collision: Checked

Sliced Model: Checked

I'm using Zmodeler 2.2.2. I right-clicked chassis_l0 but I don't see the show isolated option you mentioned.

35db9qw.png

I did everything else you said though and just tried the car in game, but still it crashes if I try to shoot the glass.  :unsure:

Ah sorry I don't think I read your last post properly.

Do those steps I told you to do with all windows, this should hopefully fix your problem.

I'm guessing they didn't have the show isolated feature in that version of zmod, I'm currently using 2.2.4 which has it.

It's not essential, as you can manually show and hide parts in zmod, it'll just take longer.

Ah sorry I don't think I read your last post properly.

Do those steps I told you to do with all windows, this should hopefully fix your problem.

I'm guessing they didn't have the show isolated feature in that version of zmod, I'm currently using 2.2.4 which has it.

It's not essential, as you can manually show and hide parts in zmod, it'll just take longer.

Well I tried that but it still didn't work. I did manage to fix the glow appearing from the distance though. I deleted everything under Extra 9, Extra 8 and Extra 7. Sometimes the Taxis spawn with no sign, but I can shoot the glass without the game crashing, so I can deal with that for now.

51sjts.png

So if I leave delete everything except those, I can shoot the car up with no problems.

The best thing to do would be to completely remove extra_9 and then reset everything on the whole car to world.

This should fix the problem.

You might also want to consider copying either extra_5 or 6 (the small taxi signs) and use them as extra_9 because no doubt you've still got 'ext_taxi' in your vehicles line, this tells the game to use either extra_5 / 6 or 9 when spawning a taxi, so you'll have some taxis without an extra on the top.

The best thing to do would be to completely remove extra_9 and then reset everything on the whole car to world.

This should fix the problem.

You might also want to consider copying either extra_5 or 6 (the small taxi signs) and use them as extra_9 because no doubt you've still got 'ext_taxi' in your vehicles line, this tells the game to use either extra_5 / 6 or 9 when spawning a taxi, so you'll have some taxis without an extra on the top.

Thank you for your help by the way. I give up  :thumbsup:

Edited by Exo 401