Enabling Working Rotators (ELS 8)

It's a pity the only way to get proper rotators is using the cruise light, since there is no steady pattern for all extras, or at least the primary light extras. Using the drot mode and covering the extras using invisible parts might work as well, but it definitly doesn't look that good, depending on the rotator. I would love to see a proper rotator pattern, allowing the (steady) use of enough extras for all 8 sirens.

And guys, please don't act like the idea of adding extras into the siren dummies is new at all, I know that two years ago people were already experimenting with that, but were lacking a proper script.

Thought about adding invisible parts to hide parts I don't want shown better, but I haven't experimented yet. Even still I think this is step foward. Time will tell! I hope we continue to make progress with rotators.

Anyways, currently I have a "working" vehicle that actively rotates.

2014-05-16_00005_zps5ea1f682.jpg

2014-05-16_00002_zpsb3ee1035.jpg

hier_zps85613319.png

There are a few problems, one is that it only really works when ELS is in "Express Mode". When not in express mode, the rotators rotate in a rough way. They rotate smoothly in "Express Mode".

Secondly, even though the default lights are removed they still cast the reflection of them under the police car alongside the much better ELS reflections.

Just sharing what I've learned so far so others are a bit more informed. Any one who might have an idea on how to fix those two problems feel free to chime in!

Secondly, even though the default lights are removed they still cast the reflection of them under the police car alongside the much better ELS reflections.

Just sharing what I've learned so far so others are a bit more informed. Any one who might have an idea on how to fix those two problems feel free to chime in!

I believe you can solve your second issue by moving all the siren dummies far under the vehicle so that they are blocked by the ground. 

If you're only going to use 4 rotators, it would look better to have 4 emissive extras placed under your siren dummies.

Covering the top portion of the emissives with mesh is the best way to go as far as lightbars that require more than 4 rotators.

Find me and other AC members on http://www.accuratestudio.com 

I have look the bxbugs's CVPI and  and i have made my own ELS rotate CVPI .

I'm based on the Fedsignal from F5544 Non ELS, i have made extra, and use the rotator as siren1,2,3 ect ...

but in game it's not work and it's completly bugged ...

zmodeler : 

8UvPV.jpg

I have look the bxbugs's CVPI and  and i have made my own ELS rotate CVPI .

I'm based on the Fedsignal from F5544 Non ELS, i have made extra, and use the rotator as siren1,2,3 ect ...

but in game it's not work and it's completly bugged ...

I had a similar problem with the rotators in game. I had found that the problem was that they rotated around their specific axis, which in my case meant they spun around the side of the car. So you just need to make sure the sirens' bones are all in order and each have their axis in the center of where they plan on spining. (Hopefully that made some sense)

As for your other problem of having them flash elsewhere, I'm totally clueless on what is happening there, sorry. :unsure:

I have try your method and another method but nothing work ... :-(

Someonehave try to make this rotate effect  can show how to make ?

the method on youtube

"First of all, sorry for my english. I think your problem is you didn´t put the dummies inside the rotators . You have to use the dummies of the default police car ( extract it with open IV and use the dummies of the parts siren1, siren2 etc). You need an independent dummy for each light ( total 7 for the vision lightbar). On the other hand, the siren parts must be look like the extra parts ( example : a dummy called siren1 and inside the light siren1_L0). The same way like extra parts.Don´t use only one dummy for all the 7 siren parts. Hope it helps!"

• 4 weeks later...

Hi i have the same kind of issue. Basically I want to get the ELS-H pattern for my WRNL siren. I am using Double Dopplers Astra mk5 and on his video you see in the els control panel him using els-h and els-R. I've got the R but not the H pattern. How do I get it? I do believe the cars are els-h compatible. I know he uses the old ELS V7 for this car, but surly you can still use V8 to get that pattern. Any help would be great. thanks guys 

• 5 weeks later...