Lazerus

Civilian Vehicle into Police? Help.

Ok so, been trying to turn a civilian model to a police "tagged" vehicle in game. So looked up some information, and I changed "admiral" into the police group spawn list in the "cargrp" file. So it does spawn at the police station. I've also added it into my ELS file, so els does work on it. Now the problem I'm getting, maybe its program related, is that when I try to pull people over, it doesn't work. or I turn the siren on, vehicles don't pull off to the side. So obviously still there has to be something to do to make it a full cop "tagged' vehicle. Does anyone know how to do it, and or.. is it even possible. Does the game just recognize the police,police2,polpatiot,pstockade,noose,nstockade ect as police only vehicles?

Cheers

Laz

any chance you know were to find the pullover script? I'm guessing its encoded into the game itself, just even thought too that you would have to set the model into the respond code 1 star = police and admiral 2 star= ect....

I think the pullover script is set to only work on certain vehicles.

any chance you know were to find the pullover script? I'm guessing its encoded into the game itself, just even thought too that you would have to set the model into the respond code 1 star = police and admiral 2 star= ect....

It's more likely in the core of LCPDFR which developers can only access 

What you might have to do is open the LCPDFR ini file, and look for a line called "AdditionalCopCarModels".  Then write the car's name in all caps and make sure you add a semicolon after the car's name. 

Alright ill take a peek at this hopefully that'll be my salvation, thanx guys for the help

What you might have to do is open the LCPDFR ini file, and look for a line called "AdditionalCopCarModels".  Then write the car's name in all caps and make sure you add a semicolon after the car's name. 

It would be nice to have a config entry which defines some additional cars available to pulling vehicles over. I use many different cars with an undercover dashlight mod (anti-crime unit RP etc.) and have the same problem as Lazerus.

So tried to find the lcpdfr.ini file, with no such luck. There was one in the main gta folder, but all it contained was game script material.

So tried to find the lcpdfr.ini file, with no such luck. There was one in the main gta folder, but all it contained was game script material.

It should be in the LCPDFR folder in the main directory.  

only files in the LCPDFR folder I have are, "audio" , "GUID", "installed version". I'm running the older version of lcpdfr, not the latest.

It should be in the LCPDFR folder in the main directory.  

only files in the LCPDFR folder I have are, "audio" , "GUID", "installed version". I'm running the older version of lcpdfr, not the latest.

Then there's not much I can do

If you're using LCPDFR version 1.0, you should have a folder in your main GTA IV directory named "LCPDFR". Open that up and you should find a file named "LCPDFR.ini" So now you open that file and scroll down a bit untill you come across a line that says "AdditionalCopCarModels=" and then you put in the name of the vehicle you want and add a semi colon after the name.

:)

Skorpo made a script for unmarked units. You may be able to contact him on the GTAForums and ask if he can make one for you:
http://www.gta4-mods.com/script/undercover-car-mod-v12-f26984

The difference between what you want and this script is that this spawns a siren model and automatically plays the siren sounds from IV.

I wish I could provide more information, but that's about all I know. I've contacted Skorpo before, and he's pretty fair about requests. :)

This just made the whole forum turn the table. We thought that you are referring to LCPDFR 1.0. Sorry, I can't help, I already forgot it. Maybe in 0.95 rc2, they don't allow other vehicles to be really tagged as police.

Thanx guys for all the help. I think its time for me to do the upgrade to 1.0, I just hate updating because things tend to get wacky for me and then I have to usually reinstall everything entirely, and that's no fun. I may just have to use what I can and switch out for things I truly want in my fleet rather having 6-9 cars on the go.. Again appreciate all the help guys