finalanswer19

EFLC Installation

To make a long story short, yesterday, I uninstalled EFLC and re-downloaded it overnight and finally just got to re-installing it.  During installation, I got this message:

CRC error: The file F:Program FilesRockstar GamesGTAEFLCEFLCpcaudiosfxspeech.rpf doesn't match the file in the setup's .cab file.  The medium from which you are running the setup may be corrupted; contact your software vendor.

With options to: Abort----Retry----Ignore

I clicked "Retry" for two times before I clicked "Ignore."  After everything else was said and done, I get the message saying it's been successfully installed.

1)  What does that mean?

2)  What do I need to do to fix it?

I purchased the game on Amazon and downloaded it through them.  

Thank you in advance for your help.

You say the installer told you it was successful, does the game run fine, with voices etc?

Also, as the installer suggested, the installer you downloaded may be corrupt, have you tried re-downloading it?

You say the installer told you it was successful, does the game run fine, with voices etc?

Also, as the installer suggested, the installer you downloaded may be corrupt, have you tried re-downloading it?

The game does not get past the load screen.

No, I have not tried re-downloading it.  That's what it looks like I'm going to have to do.

That's what it looks like I'm going to have to do.

Yeah man, sorry to shit on your parade, but maybe it messed up when you were downloading it somehow. Good luck with it!

Yeah man, sorry to shit on your parade, but maybe it messed up when you were downloading it somehow. Good luck with it!

It's alright...I was sort of expecting to have to do it all over again.  It's just so annoying when it takes 12+ hours to do.  

Oh well, it's done and it installed with no problems this time - thanks for the suggestion!