Cody

Please help me to update GTA IV work on Windows 8!

Hi,

I have tried to play GTA IV on Windows 8 and it does not work. I can play the game if I don´t update it, but to play LCPD:FR I do need to update GTA IV.

I saw this topic '?do=embed' frameborder='0' data-embedContent>>, But I could not follow the instructions.

Please help me!

Download this: http://www.xbox.com/en-US/live/pc/downloadclient

Copy it to desktop and right click it, go to properties and go to compatibility tab and choose Run this program in and select windows 7. Press okay and install the update as admin. Also as mentioned before, patch 1.0.7.0 is mandatory.

Download this: http://www.xbox.com/en-US/live/pc/downloadclient

Copy it to desktop and right click it, go to properties and go to compatibility tab and choose Run this program in and select windows 7. Press okay and install the update as admin. Also as mentioned before, patch 1.0.7.0 is mandatory.

Did not work for me  :sad: But thanks anyway! :thumbsup:

What exactly goes wrong? 

Before I have updated GTA IV it works. After the update the CMD window shows up for a second or two and after that nothing else happens.

Before I have updated GTA IV it works. After the update the CMD window shows up for a second or two and after that nothing else happens.

Have you bought the game? 

Are you running all .exe's as administrator? That includes installers. 

I´m not sure. I run UpdateTitle and GTAIV as administrator (both program files). So if the .exe´s those not run as admin by them self I guess they are not running as admin. I don´t know how to change those files so they run as admin.