HankVoight

Tutorial on making non els cars?

Are there any tutorials out there for non els vehicle making in zmodeler rather than just els cars. I had a crack at it today but nothing was working :/

Well, what do you want to know?

Like a step by step video on how to do it, like the ELS ones on youtube. I'm trying to make a marked patrol version of the 2013 Ford Explorer that was released earlier today with the arma console, vector lightbar, rambar, antennas and a body partition but I loaded in all the vehshare, vehicle, lightbar and extras textures. Imported the models but nothing wants to work properly, and it really doesn't help that I don't know what I actually doing  :wallbash:

Edit - I attached a photo of what I mean. It has an entire log at the bottom full of it telling me it can't find anything yet I just imported all of the textures, It also can't find the model for the lightbar in the folder. The console spawns in the middle of the backseat and the push bar is too far away from the front of the vehicle (I have no idea how to move either) I just don't have a clue what I'm doing wrong or what else to do. 

Edited by Chris_Wharley

Like a step by step video on how to do it, like the ELS ones on youtube. I'm trying to make a marked patrol version of the 2013 Ford Explorer that was released earlier today with the arma console, vector lightbar, rambar, antennas and a body partition but I loaded in all the vehshare, vehicle, lightbar and extras textures. Imported the models but nothing wants to work properly, and it really doesn't help that I don't know what I actually doing  :wallbash:

Edit - I attached a photo of what I mean. It has an entire log at the bottom full of it telling me it can't find anything yet I just imported all of the textures, It also can't find the model for the lightbar in the folder. The console spawns in the middle of the backseat and the push bar is too far away from the front of the vehicle (I have no idea how to move either) I just don't have a clue what I'm doing wrong or what else to do. 

It looks like you're importing the models in a .DDS format. It's supposed to import as a .PNG

Here's where I started modding.

http://www.lcpdfr.com/page/tutorials/index.action/_/vehicle-modification-tutorial/

Edited by Kevin499

It looks like you're importing the models in a .DDS format. It's supposed to import as a .PNG

Here's where I started modding.

http://www.lcpdfr.com/page/tutorials/index.action/_/vehicle-modification-tutorial/

How do I switch it over to PNG format. The lightbar model in the folder says its in  .z3d whatever that means..

Thanks, but there isn't anything in there for non els vehicles only ELS

How do I switch it over to PNG format. The lightbar model in the folder says its in  .z3d whatever that means..

Thanks, but there isn't anything in there for non els vehicles only ELS

8eKlt.png

Also, the light bar you are using probably needs to be merged. File > Merge > (.z3d file) > Click "All" > Merge button.

8eKlt.png

Also, the light bar you are using probably needs to be merged. File > Merge > (.z3d file) > Click "All" > Merge button.

I don't even get the options like in your photo, I try to import the file but it doesn't even show up that it is there so I can't change it. But when I open it from my desktop it is in there?  

I don't even get the options like in your photo, I try to import the file but it doesn't even show up that it is there so I can't change it. But when I open it from my desktop it is in there?  

Like I said, the light bar you are using probably needs to be merged. File > Merge > (.z3d file) > Click "All" > Merge button.

Like I said, the light bar you are using probably needs to be merged. File > Merge > (.z3d file) > Click "All" > Merge button.

And what program do I merge it with? I can't do it in Zmodeler because it doesn't show up and I can't do it on the desktop folder because it doesn't give me the option. 

Remember I have never done any of this before so I have no idea what I'm doing, hence why I asked if there were any video tutorials. Or to save all of this time are there any other vector light bars other than this one      '?do=embed' frameborder='0' data-embedContent>>

Edited by Chris_Wharley

And what program do I merge it with? I can't do it in Zmodeler because it doesn't show up and I can't do it on the desktop folder because it doesn't give me the option 

Hm, I don't really know then. Probably somebody else could help you. It's 3 in the morning. Imma go to sleep.

Hm, I don't really know then. Probably somebody else could help you. It's 3 in the morning. Imma go to sleep.

Alright well thanks anyway.