thetyriquerice

GTA 4 texture Problem

i have been playing GTA 4 for a while and i would be playing and then all of a sudden i loose texture and they wont come back i just up grade my graphics card from a MSI GT 630 2GB to a EVGA GTX 750 1GB . and i have had the same problem with the old card to even thought it has more memory that the new one. the picture below show what i am seeing and where you go to tune you graphic setting were it tells you how much memory you are using is in red and it says that i have 3085MB but i have a 1GB card can some explain this to me i think something wrong with the card i have the latest driver and a new computer that i built i am at the or pass the min. requirement for GTA 4 . i get a max of 50fps never goes higher than that even with higher grade card that i have used and get they same problem 

Edited by thetyriquerice

Updated cards and stuff really don't have much effect unless your using command lines because the game is so old it does not fully support the maximum sizes that we have today. I suggest that you try some command lines and see how that works for you.

Also the 3085MB is 3GB of RAM, not video card ram.

I have the same problem, and the issue for me was that i had modded uniforms, that lags and causes texture loss. 

i have plenty of ram cause the game only use 3GB for me so that leave 5GB unused and with my old card it was me the memory of the card not my computer . and now i can change any of the graphic setting . as soon as i do the game crashes and say a fatal error has occur restart the game

and Thank you all for responding