Sonny236

[LCPDFR 1.0] - CONSTANT problems and crashing. PLEASE help?

In LCPDFR 0.95 there was an option in the .ini file for PreLoadAllModels, this fixed my crashing with custom/els cars issue...now I can no longer do that because the options gone and the .exe tool doesnt work (for me...Whatever settings I use in the exe, they dont apply in the ini or ingame, therefore I cant enable PreLoadAllModels)

Is there any workaround for this? I seem to continuiously crash when calling prisoner trasnport or backup. I've tried ELS v6.1 and v5, I can't use V7 because the AI don't turn off their lights after a scene, and personally i think v5 and 6 are more stable, I still cant call in backup however.

Please help? is there ANY way at all to enable PreLoadingModels, or a workaround fix for this crash?

***EDIT***: I found the problem, sort of. The diaognostics tool is set to my EFLC (in my steam folder) and NOT my GTAIV which I've extracted to my desktop, How do I change the location? that should fix the problem. Thanks.

Edited by Sonny236

Welp...fixed the file path and turned on PreLoadAllModels...and to my surprise, It didnt work -_-

I don't hear handcuff sounds

Theres a foot pursuit literally every 30 seconds.

and calling in backup or prisoner transport crashes me. These are my ONLY issues with LCPDFR and I cant seem to fix them. no body seems to know whats wrong, including the dev team (even though I can understand...theres nothing in the logfiles about it.)

somebody has to know what to do? Please?

I enjoy this mod a lot but I cant play it with the constant problems, two being major. I'm on the verge of reverting back to 0.95 which works a ton better, but then I miss out on all the great new features, so I don't know what to do here.

Edited by Sonny236

Welp...fixed the file path and turned on PreLoadAllModels...and to my surprise, It didnt work -_-

I don't hear handcuff sounds

Theres a foot pursuit literally every 30 seconds.

and calling in backup or prisoner transport crashes me. These are my ONLY issues with LCPDFR and I cant seem to fix them. no body seems to know whats wrong, including the dev team (even though I can understand...theres nothing in the logfiles about it.)

somebody has to know what to do? Please?

I enjoy this mod a lot but I cant play it with the constant problems, two being major. I'm on the verge of reverting back to 0.95 which works a ton better, but then I miss out on all the great new features, so I don't know what to do here.

Add the line "PreloadAllModels=True" Under the line "UsingPoliceStationMod=False"

Handcuff sounds? not sure how to fix that

Foot Pursuits are normal. If you don't want them, just don't join in.

Prisoner transport crashes you? Are you sure you don't have any vehicle mods? Try removing them if you have any installed. Don't forget to apply the hotfix 1.0b '?do=embed' frameborder='0' data-embedContent>>

Add the line "PreloadAllModels=True" Under the line "UsingPoliceStationMod=False"

Handcuff sounds? not sure how to fix that

Foot Pursuits are normal. If you don't want them, just don't join in.

Prisoner transport crashes you? Are you sure you don't have any vehicle mods? Try removing them if you have any installed. Don't forget to apply the hotfix 1.0b '?do=embed' frameborder='0' data-embedContent>>

Did the preloadallmodels and station mod is Off.

Handcuff sounds arent a major problem so thats fine.

Yeah you see, It's hard to ignore the foot pursuits because every corner I turn theres a wreckless cop with his lights and sirens blazing chasing someone on foot...if it wasnt so frequent I wouldnt care, I really dont see why it happens so often.

I do have vehicle mods, never said I didnt and I don't plan on getting rid of them...This game isnt fun without ELS or custom cars, however I can try taking off the prisoner transport model only and if I dont crash, obviously thats what it was...

Is 1.0b only an apply hotfix? the only download I see is 1.0b, I did the manual install (1.0b Manual Install)...Am I supposed to install something else too or no?

Narrowing down - Foot pursuits are too often and there has got to be a way to shorten them, Its far too frequent to be normal, I'm talking EVERY. 10. seconds. or everytime one ends.

1.0b is the only download for me, I downloaded and manually installed it...I'll mess around with the custom cars and get back on that.

1.0b IS the hotfix. 

Too many foot pursuits? It means liberty city is pretty messed up and needs your help! :D 

Car mods are most likely the problem. ELS can crash too on SOME computers. I have no idea why, but I've seen people that go "grand theft crash" when they have els

1.0b IS the hotfix. 

Too many foot pursuits? It means liberty city is pretty messed up and needs your help! :D 

Car mods are most likely the problem. ELS can crash too on SOME computers. I have no idea why, but I've seen people that go "grand theft crash" when they have els

1.0b is the only thing I installed so yeah that should be it.

----------------

Haha...true, just a little too frequent sometimes.

as for car mods, It worked a while ago. suddenly it doesnt, ELS does seem to be buggy in some instances but I don't know...I cant play this game with default cars and lights, call me needy or picky but It's just too ugly or "vanilla/default" for me.

I'm trying the normal vehicles.img now, If it works then....well, I don't know what to do. I guess I'll just keep police and police2 modded for backup, and either not use prisoner trasnport or...Idk.

I'll edit this post with the results, I hope it works.

Good luck! There are some great non els car mods out there. 

Welp.

Its not ELS

Its not the custom cars.

I tried with default cars, and no els whatsoever...Still crashing. Ive tried with PreLoadAllModels on AND off, Nothing once again still crashing.

Well, I've come to an ultimate desicsion to just wait until I get my new computer soon. I should have it within 2-3 months, and I'll be able to run the game better anyways...theres the fact that GTA 4 is a bad port from console, so crashing is ALWAYS a thing. its different on each machine.

I'll start playing again once I get my good gaming computer, and off this crappy laptop.

Thanks for your help anyways.

I had the same problems but I was able to fix it with the Alternative LCPDFR 1.0b automatic install. I can not use the configurator tool or call for NOoSE or prisoner transports without the game crashing, even with the PreloadAllModels=True line. But at least now LCPDFR is playable.

Edit

Sooo... as it turns out that was a one-time event. It's broken again.

Edited by thejoel3803