Crazyman2

GTA IV always crashes, cant control it.

So, when i click on "GTA IV" On my desktop, and the social club pops up, and i hit "Play game" It always says "Social club failed - Try again" So, i click on the offline mode, but after the pictures and as soon as it gets done with "Loading - The Cousins Bellic" It crashes, 100% of the time. Is this a bug with LCPDFR 1.0b? Did i not install it right or something? All i did was click on the LCPDFR 1.0b thing in my files, downloaded it, and tried to play, but couldnt cuz of crashing.
Any help?

1. Make sure you patch the game to v 1.0.7.0

2. Reinstall the game if it still crashes

3. Only play the game with lcpdfr AFTER you've finished 3-4 missions

Make sure you have lcpdfr 1.0 installed then add in 1.0b. It may be an installation problem

The game should be v1.0.7.0
The game literally takes 15 hours to install, so can i delete all my GTA IV files and replace them with my backup files?
And i cant even play the game, so i cant complete any missions :)

The game should be v1.0.7.0

The game literally takes 15 hours to install, so can i delete all my GTA IV files and replace them with my backup files?

And i cant even play the game, so i cant complete any missions :)

That's why you need to complete a few missions BEFORE you install lcpdfr. I highly suggest you reinstall the game. When did you backup your files? Right after installation? If yes, go for it.

Yep, i have a 100% Vanilla version. And ill complete a few missions. After i do the missions, should i install LCDPFR and then LCPDFR 1.0b? And install 1.0b OVER it?

Yep, i have a 100% Vanilla version. And ill complete a few missions. After i do the missions, should i install LCDPFR and then LCPDFR 1.0b? And install 1.0b OVER it?

Procedure:

1. Install LCPDFR 1.0

2. Install LCPDFR 1.0B over it

I suggest you complete about 3-4 missions. 

Good luck! 

I tried doing the copy, the copy is in my folder, and it still crashes. Can i do anything else besides re installing it, it takes 15 hours and literally all the internet up, even though i do it over night when people should be sleeping xD Any other ideas?

Its crashing at t he point because either you installed a different model vehicle that is bugged ( happened to me) and you need to change that vehicle model to something else.Or a mod that you installed is messed up and causing the game to crash. I had this same problem i added 4 different police cars and the game crashed at the "loading" part so i changed all the vehicles and boom it worked.

install lcpdfr 1.0b not overright anything i uninstalled my lcpdfr completely being going to B

Edited by bhlsimple

You would think me getting rid of GTA IV competely, then re installing it overnight would work, but it is still crashing...

EDIT: The Social club thingy STILL never lets me log in, i always have to play offline.

ANOTHER EDIT: Could it possibly be me not being able to get the update for LIVE?

Edited by Crazyman2

I'm trying to understand here. Never really seen this happen to anyone. My best guess is that your backup is the issue. Just reinstall the game. It seems to be the only option since your backup failed to resolve the issue.

You download the installer from LCPDFR 1.0B and run it. You dont need to complete any mission except the first one if you dont want to keep repeating it over and over when you start the game. Try deleting your save game by going into C:Users**YOUR NAME**AppDataLocalRockstar GamesGTA IVsavegames and delete everything inside and try again. Do NOT save a game with lcpdfr as it will corrupt it. Also make sure you have 1.0.7.0. I think doesnt cut it so if you dont have it, thats why.

Dave

I did re install it, and, What do you mean "dont save it with LCPDFR?

Well, it works, for now. Do you know how i can update LIVE though, cuz i cant save the game if im not signed in, and i cant sign in without doing the update.

Edited by Crazyman2

There is an update for LIVE, and i cant do it for some reason, and, it wont let me sign into LIVE without doing the update... So im kinda in a pickle

Getting an update from the website? Yesterday i spent an hour talking with on of their representatives and he said it was GTA IV's problem. How would i get a download from the website, and how would i make that download fix LIVE?

If its that "Miscuu" thing than i already did that yesterday with the representative, and nothing happened. We couldnt find the file that had LIVE in it. We did the control panel and the other stuff he recommended, and nothing was able to be done. Could you possible give me a link and tell me how to get to my folder to uninstall my LIVE setup?