Sign in to follow this  
eluzi0n

My game crashes after 10-15 minutes of playing.

I've tried doing pretty much everything I could come up with, reinstall GTAIV, reinstall LCPDFR, adjust the graphics down, I even bought a new and better graphics card today, but still it crashes, especially during police chases when I execute the command to tell the suspect to get out of the car. But I still can't figure out what causes this. If someone knows, that would be great! 

I have modded the game with two new police cars, a different siren and ELS.

My specs:

Windows 8 64 bit (6.2, Build 9200)

Processor: AMD A8-6500 APU (4 CPUs), ~ 3.5GHz

Memory: 8192MB RAM

Graphics card: MSI NVIDIA GeForce GT 630 with a combined memory of 4042MB.

Thanks in advance! :)

Have you tried looking at the other threads titled almost identically to yours?

Like this one '?do=embed' frameborder='0' data-embedContent>>

And this one '?do=embed' frameborder='0' data-embedContent>>

Just a suggestion as they may have an answer in them that helps you out :)

Anyway, what version of LCPDFR did you install the automatic one or the manual one? If you used the automatic installer did you apply the 1.0a hotfix patch afterwards?

From what I remember the bug where the game would crash when ordering a suspect out of a car was fixed in the 1.0a hotfix.

Hello!

Yeah, right after I posted this thread I started to look on some of the other threads. I might have to remove the modded cars, but it's funny due to the fact that the older versions of LCPDFR was more or less compatible with the same stuff I have installed now, I never had any crash issues until I installed the game two days ago, along with LCPDFR and other mods. So I assumed it had to be the LCPDFR that weren't compatible with the mods, but I figured I'd ask here just in case anyway, because I wouldn't want to lose my awesome mods! :(

I installed the automatic one, but I didn't install the hotfix. Didn't really think it over exept to just have it installed so that I could play :)

But I'll try and see if that hotfix changes anything, and I'll come with a new reply if it did or not. :)

Have you tried looking at the other threads titled almost identically to yours?

Like this one '?do=embed' frameborder='0' data-embedContent>>

Just a suggestion as they may have an answer in them that helps you out :)

Anyway, what version of LCPDFR did you install the automatic one or the manual one? If you used the automatic installer did you apply the 1.0a hotfix patch afterwards?

From what I remember the bug where the game would crash when ordering a suspect out of a car was fixed in the 1.0a hotfix.

Still crashes.

In that case then I recommend you do a reinstall of GTA IV just to make sure you don't have any other mods you forgot about. When you have done that make a backup of the default files and then install LCPDFR with the hotfix and try it out again.

That does mean removing all of your mods properly (completely remove them from the directory) but if we can get your GTA running with LCPDFR we can eliminate that as a problem.

Downgraded to an older version of LCPDFR, works great now with all the mods installed.

In that case then I recommend you do a reinstall of GTA IV just to make sure you don't have any other mods you forgot about. When you have done that make a backup of the default files and then install LCPDFR with the hotfix and try it out again.

That does mean removing all of your mods properly (completely remove them from the directory) but if we can get your GTA running with LCPDFR we can eliminate that as a problem.

Downgraded to an older version of LCPDFR, works great now with all the mods installed.

Well that is your choice, personally I wouldn't downgrade as I prefer to work with 1.0. You also don't have any API support for the older versions. 1.0 is a lot more resource intensive due to the huge number of changes and performance improvements with the script, just bare that in mind when modding.

Hopefully you can get 1.0 working eventually though. 

Enjoy.

Hello

I have the same problem, but fixed it more or less, First i did an automatic install, but that doesn't work properly becuase the games crashes between 5-30 minutes, now i did an manual install(copy/paste the folders and files) and now i can play 1 hour(sometimes more) before it crashes

I run the game on an laptop

Specs:
i7-4700HQ
8GB DDR3-1600
Intel HD 4500 and GT750M(Optimus technology)
1TB 5400RPM hard drive

Edited by melvintje

Yeah I read somewhere that downgrading the version might help and it did, I'll just wait for a newer version to come out and I'll see if it works good with the mods then :) Thanks for your help, though!

Well that is your choice, personally I wouldn't downgrade as I prefer to work with 1.0. You also don't have any API support for the older versions. 1.0 is a lot more resource intensive due to the huge number of changes and performance improvements with the script, just bare that in mind when modding.

Hopefully you can get 1.0 working eventually though. 

Enjoy.

Yeah I read somewhere that downgrading the version might help and it did, I'll just wait for a newer version to come out and I'll see if it works good with the mods then :) Thanks for your help, though!

Generally speaking, the more mods you use on GTA IV the more unstable it becomes anyway. It's probably better to run just a couple of mods, the less models the better too.

Glad I could help you out, enjoy :)