Basher

Game crashes without reason

Hey, my game crashes without any reasen, e.g. during traffic stops, status updates and extremly often during callouts!

I own a legal copy of GTA 4 with the latest patch. The only other mod I installed is trafficflow. I got Windows Vista with the latest Update.

This is the Failure Message, after it crashed (sorry its in german, if you wont I can translate):

Beschreibung:
  Stopped working

Problemsignatur:
  Problemereignisname: APPCRASH
  Application Name: GTAIV.exe
  Application Version: 1.0.7.0
  Application Timestamp: 4bd9efbe
  Fault Module Name: GTAIV.exe
  Fault Module Version: 1.0.7.0
  Fault Module Timestamp: 4bd9efbe
  Exception Code: c0000005
  Exception Offset: 00801ffc
  Betriebsystemversion: 6.0.6001.2.1.0.768.3
  Gebietsschema-ID: 1031

And this is the latest log:

[iNFO - 12:02:06 PM] [Log] Started
[iNFO - 12:02:06 PM] [Main] Main: Initializing...
[iNFO - 12:02:06 PM] [Main] Main: LCPDFR Engine © 2011-2013 LMS
[iNFO - 12:02:06 PM] [Main] Main: DO NOT USE THIS WITHOUT PERMISSION. YOU MAY NOT SHARE, MODIFY OR DECOMPILE THIS FILE.
[iNFO - 12:02:07 PM] [PluginManager] Initialize: Loading custom plugins
[WARNING - 12:02:07 PM] [settings] ReadSettings: Invalid entry 
[iNFO - 12:02:07 PM] [settings] ReadSettings: Suspect transporter POLICE
[iNFO - 12:02:07 PM] [settings] ReadSettings: Suspect transporter POLICE2
[iNFO - 12:02:07 PM] [settings] ReadSettings: Suspect transporter PSTOCKADE
[WARNING - 12:02:07 PM] [settings] ReadSettings: Invalid entry 
[WARNING - 12:02:07 PM] [settingsFile] GetValue: Value not found: PreloadAllModels (Main)
[WARNING - 12:02:07 PM] [settingsFile] GetValue: Value not found: ClientPort (Networking)
[iNFO - 12:02:07 PM] [Main] Main: Initializing done
[iNFO - 12:02:08] [serverCommunication] InitializeConnection: Internet connection available
[iNFO - 12:02:09] [serverCommunication] InitializeConnection: Public IP Address is: 83.218.56.46
[iNFO - 12:02:09] [serverCommunication] InitializeConnection: Connected to the LCPDFR server
[iNFO - 12:02:09] [Authentication] Authentication: Server available, using online authentication
[iNFO - 12:02:10] [stats] CollectSystemInformation: Server stats updated
[iNFO - 12:02:12] [NetworkManager] NetworkManager: In network session: False Is host: False
[ERROR - 12:02:10] [Authentication] Authentication: Error 0x320
[ERROR - 12:02:10] [Authentication] Authentication: Authentication failed
[iNFO - 12:02:10] [Authentication] Authentication: Failed to authenticate
[iNFO - 12:06:22] [updateCheck] DoUpdateCheck: Checking for updates
[iNFO - 12:06:22] [updateCheck] DoUpdateCheck: No updates available
[WARNING - 12:18:15] [AudioDatabase] GetAudioFileForAction: No file found for: MOHEGAN_AVE
[WARNING - 12:18:15] [AudioDatabase] GetAudioFileForAction: No file found for: PANCHO_ST

Please help me, it's horrible without any reasen for that fu***ng crash...
Edited by Basher

There is nothing in your log file which suggests why your game is crashing so frequently.

Could you answer these questions for me please,

Which version of LCPDFR did you use, automatic or manual install? Are you running the latest patch as well (1.0a)

Have you tried reinstalling LCPDFR or uninstalling trafficflow to make sure it isn't that?

Do you have any vehicle or ped models installed without realising? Maybe from ages ago that you forgot about?

I installed Version 1.0a with the Hotfix. Yes, i uninstalled trafficflow several time, nothing. Yes I installed many vehicle and ped mods. And also ELS 7.0

Edited by Basher

I installed Version 1.0a with the Hotfix. Yes, i uninstalled trafficflow several time, nothing. Yes I installed many vehicle and ped mods. And also ELS 7.0

Did you use the automatic installer for LCPDFR or the manual one?

What I would recommend doing is actually reinstalling GTA IV so that you have all the original files and then try installing just LCPDFR

If you have a backup of the original files then do it that way if you feel comfortable doing so, but it would be far better at this stage to just start fresh.

I completely reinstalled GTA IV and manual installed LCPDFR 1.0 and the Hotfix. I had chosen one of the ASI Loader, but the game still doesn't want to start. I remember that I had to delete one file and edit another, but don't remember which.... was it the scripthook?

I also installed the latest GTA patch and ,everything posted in the other topics, from DirectX to windowslive. Changed the AdvanceHook.dll too, but it wont start. 

capture-20140307-2321u0jd3.png

Edited by Basher

The hotfix actually comes with the manual install so you don't have to apply it after you did the manual install.

Did you follow the exact instructions given on how to apply the manual install? You can find those packaged with the download I believe.

When you say it wont start do you mean your GTA IV or just LCPDFR?

Problem solved. I meant GTA but I edited several txt's and now all is fine. Also doesn't crash anymore, Thank you really much!

Out of curiosity what did you edit to stop it from crashing?? I also have this problem and I can only play for a good 10-15 minutes before it crashes, any suggestions?? Thanks!