RDWAIFU

GTAPolicingTool

I'm trying to use the GTA Policing Tools mod by Sniper, and all is working except for the spotlight. The spotlight turns on, but doesn't move, when in the manual it says use the numpad keys 4, 8, 6, 2 to move it. It's the same with any mod that requires I use numpad keys. I know for a fact that the numpad is working, though, as I can move back through text I'm typing by hitting numpad 4

EDIT: Just to update, the original copy of the .ini file that comes with the mod has no option to change the spotlight controls other than the controls to activate it

Nowhere does it say or show anything about the Numpad controls, but the manual says its the numpad keys

Edited by RDWAIFU

I'm trying to use the GTA Policing Tools mod by Sniper, and all is working except for the spotlight. The spotlight turns on, but doesn't move, when in the manual it says use the numpad keys 4, 8, 6, 2 to move it. It's the same with any mod that requires I use numpad keys. I know for a fact that the numpad is working, though, as I can move back through text I'm typing by hitting numpad 4

EDIT: Just to update, the original copy of the .ini file that comes with the mod has no option to change the spotlight controls other than the controls to activate it

Nowhere does it say or show anything about the Numpad controls, but the manual says its the numpad keys

Try this spotlight instead.

I couldn't get my GTAPolicingTools spotlight to move either.

The one I linked above works fine for me though, in terms of moving.

I've set my keys for the spotlight as follows (Numpad):

9 - up

7 - down

3 - right

1 - left

The default keys to move the spotlight I linked above interferes with your helicopter keyboard controls, as the helicopter uses NumPad 8, 6, 4, and 2 (I think :P)

Edited by Knight Rider Info

Try this spotlight instead.

I couldn't get my GTAPolicingTools spotlight to move either.

The one I linked above works fine for me though, in terms of moving.

I've set my keys for the spotlight as follows (Numpad):

9 - up

7 - down

3 - right

1 - left

The default keys to move the spotlight I linked above interferes with your helicopter keyboard controls, as the helicopter uses NumPad 8, 6, 4, and 2 (I think :P)

I keep getting "Error loading scripts LawEnforcement.Spotlight"

I know that mod too, and have tried it, but it didn't move either, but I'll give it another shot if it starts working

Have you added all the spotlight files to their respective directories, as outlined in the Instructions file?

- Spotlight.ini and Spotlight.net.dll to scripts folder

- spotlight.img to your pc-> models -> cdimages folder

- Added the required line to your images.txt? (in common -> data)

Edit: If all else fails post for support regarding the Spotlight MOD I linked in my previous post

Edited by Knight Rider Info

Have you added all the spotlight files to their respective directories, as outlined in the Instructions file?

- Spotlight.ini and Spotlight.net.dll to scripts folder

- spotlight.img to your pc-> models -> cdimages folder

- Added the required line to your images.txt? (in common -> data)

I did indeed

I'm restarting game, in case it helps other than reloading scripts.

EDIT: Script works now, but the spotlight still won't move.

Edited by RDWAIFU

I found this reply in the spotlight support thread, regarding that script error Error loading scripts LawEnforcement.Spotlight

The only time it will give you a script error is when it could not load the spotlight object.
Please double check that you have the correct settings in images.txt and that you placed the spotlight.img into the correct folder.
If all checks out, copy what it says in the console window and paste it on here.

I found this reply in the spotlight support thread, regarding that script error Error loading scripts LawEnforcement.Spotlight

Yeah, script works, but still doesn't move.

Yeah, this will be embarrassing, but turns out NumLock had to be enabled, and I had it off, sorry for the waste of time, guys

Just asking, but do you have numlock on or off? You might need to turn it on/off, depending on what it is now.

xD

He said he had Numlock off above :P

Yeah, script works, but still doesn't move.

Yeah, this will be embarrassing, but turns out NumLock had to be enabled, and I had it off, sorry for the waste of time, guys

Glad to hear you got it working!