Sign in to follow this  
911FordPoliceInterceptor

OpenIV not running

I have recently reinstalled OpenIV after reinstalling Windows, and everything worked fine until it said I have to run it with admin rights, which I could not do from the OpenIV.exe file in WinRar. When I right clicked it, it does not give me the option to run it as admin, so I moved it to desktop, where I could run it as admin. When I did this however, it came up with the error message 'Exception ImageResourceNotFound in module OpenIV.exe at 0052C745. File not found: C:Users*my username*ResourcesGraphicsUIImagesIE9.'

After that it gives me another error message which is too long to type out, but at the start it says 'An unexpected memory leak occurred' then it gives a list of all the 'unexpected memory leaks'.

I did not encounter this problem with OpenIV before, and also it's worth mentioning that it does the same if I run it not as admin, although if I click the OpenIV.exe file in WinRar it does work, but it still says I have to run it as admin.

Help would be great, thanks :)

Edited by 911FordPoliceInterceptor

Did you extract all the files in the archive to your desktop, or just openiv.exe? If you've only extracted openiv.exe then that's why it's not working. If you've extracted everything, then it could be that while extracting the files somehow got corrupted, so just extract them again.

Did you extract all the files in the archive to your desktop, or just openiv.exe? If you've only extracted openiv.exe then that's why it's not working. If you've extracted everything, then it could be that while extracting the files somehow got corrupted, so just extract them again.

No, stupidly if orgot to do that. It was an elementary mistake, but it works now. Thanks for pointing that out!

No, stupidly if orgot to do that. It was an elementary mistake, but it works now. Thanks for pointing that out!

No probs, glad it works!