Sign in to follow this  
BRAVO 9 ACTUAL

GTA IV SERIAL KEY INVALID WTF Legit copy

I had to restore my windows 7 computer after a server virus attack and am re-installing my disc copy of GTA IV. When I get as far as the serial code activation, it says that my key is invalid. It worked just fine for the year that I used it before my computer failed. Contacting Rockstar is a no-go since they didn't care and literally hung up on me, twice. How can I fix this?  

*Edit* I think I may have screwed myself when the virus hit my computer and I removed everything without revoking my CD license.

Edited by BRAVO 9 ACTUAL

Why'd they hang up on you? Did they give a reason? If they didn't, call, ask to speak with a manager, and tell them that you were hung up on for no reason.

Also, maybe what they were going for. Did you try to talk to a manager? Do you still have a proof of purchase?

*Edit* I think I may have screwed myself when the virus hit my computer and I removed everything without revoking my CD license.

Yep, I am going with this. 

It's very strange that customer support won't assist you. 

You probably need to contact SecuROM or e-mail them. The people on the phone won't have any idea what you're talking about.

You probably need to contact SecuROM or e-mail them. The people on the phone won't have any idea what you're talking about.

I googled SecuROM, what in particular should I look for? The removal tool or just a general contact page?