Sign in to follow this  
CRAWFORDx96

Modding Cars

I'm not sure if this is where to post this, but I am taking a course that I learn to use Autodesk Inventor in. If I create a 3D model of a car in there, could it be transferred into Zmod and converted for use in game? If so, how hard could it be? Thanks and sorry if this is a the wrong section, I'm posting this in a rush.

Yeah as said above it will work if you can export as .3ds or .obj format. However since you're getting a course, I'd suggest instead of getting one in Autodesk Inventor, getting one in Autodesk 3ds Max

Yeah as said above it will work if you can export as .3ds or .obj format. However since you're getting a course, I'd suggest instead of getting one in Autodesk Inventor, getting one in Autodesk 3ds Max

I'm in my Junior year of high school so that 3Ds Max class shouldn't be a problem for my Senior year of school. I was just wondering because if I am able to model in one of those programs and convert it to .3ds format from Zmod or whatever. But, I don't know how to work Zmod, so if it's just as simple as a few clicks to get it to work with the game, I'm safe, but if it's more involved than that, I'll need somebody to convert the files into working condition for the game.

I'm in my Junior year of high school so that 3Ds Max class shouldn't be a problem for my Senior year of school. I was just wondering because if I am able to model in one of those programs and convert it to .3ds format from Zmod or whatever. But, I don't know how to work Zmod, so if it's just as simple as a few clicks to get it to work with the game, I'm safe, but if it's more involved than that, I'll need somebody to convert the files into working condition for the game.

Unfortunately it's not as simple as a few clicks. You'd have to separate every single part of your car, map every part, place the dummys in the correct place. It's more of a hassle than it's worth imo

Unfortunately it's not as simple as a few clicks. You'd have to separate every single part of your car, map every part, place the dummys in the correct place. It's more of a hassle than it's worth imo

Well, shit, in that case I may just try to learn Zmod myself. lol.

Well, shit, in that case I may just try to learn Zmod myself. lol.

There are some really good tutorials teaching you about GTA IV stuff in ZModeler; however if you want to learn to convert, here's a tutorial on how to convert GTA SA cars to GTA IV. I'm sure you can apply the same techniques to converting stuff you made.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ez2yvfY21Q

There are some really good tutorials teaching you about GTA IV stuff in ZModeler; however if you want to learn to convert, here's a tutorial on how to convert GTA SA cars to GTA IV. I'm sure you can apply the same techniques to converting stuff you made.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ez2yvfY21Q

Ok, cool. Thanks,