Sign in to follow this  
Focxzy

I can't find the problem!! (zmodeler)

So I'm completely new to car moddeling, and wanted to make an easy start by just taking the lights off of the default FBI, and putting them on an oracle, and moving them in place... for this, since i'm a moddeling newb, I went along a tutorial of hlsavior, with adding a lightbar...

Everything went fine, and the lights were in place... and when I tried to export, after a couple of errors and fixing them, it worked...

Now when I open the model in OpenIV (I only changed the default fbi.wft with my custom fbi.wft, and emptied out the fbi.wtd, and added all the vehshare textures and the oracle textures) I can see the model just as intended, but when I try to spawn the car in-game... it crashes.

Does anyone know what I'm doing wrong, please help.

I've not changed the vehicle configuration files

If you need any further info of what I did, please say so. Since I don't really know wich actions are important to mention.

ohyd.png
Edited by THEBL4ZE

• There is no need to import vehshare textures into the fbi.wtd, because they are already in the vehshare.wtd file in the vehicles.img.
  •  Do you have any errors popping up in the ZModeler?

Exporting went fine and without any errors and even in OpenIV as you can see the result is as I wanted, only in-game it crashes when I try to spawn it, any idea what that causes?

Edited by THEBL4ZE

On export, have you named the model exactly as it says in the ZModeler? If it says fbi.wft in hierarchy then you have name it fbi.wft. I had same issue before when I was testing some stuff, exporting the model went fine but when I tried to spawn it, it will crash but now I can't remember how I fixed it.

Named exactly the same yeh, and all the boxes hlsavior mentioned to check, I checked...