MrAnarchy

Question about certain models and lightbars

Hello LCPDFR community, I recently saw a texture pack by roadrunner '?do=embed' frameborder='0' data-embedContent>>, it's from my home state Delware. Unfortunately, after downloading some of the models listed I noticed they had clear light bars (with no additional textures). How do you colorize a clear lightbar? That is to make one set red and one blue like in his pictures?

Edited by pyrofreak3

As far as I know you can only change the colors of a Whelen Liberty's glass in zmodeler - but I might be wrong on that. Some lightbars like the Federal Signal Legend have a certain texture file inside the car's textures (which u can open with OpenIV or SparkIV) where u can change the top and glass color, maybe look for such a file somewhere. Usually that'd be something like "emerglightsxt6". Or you just keep looking for a CVPI model with a colored lightbar, there are plenty of models on LCPD:FR ;)

every car has a emerglights file and that dictates what the color of the glass is you have to mess with it using paint.net gimp or photoshop

I always thought the emerglights dictated what color the lights would flash, not what color the lens would be. If that was the case how do I go about coloring the lens in the emerglights file.

every car has a emerglights file and that dictates what the color of the glass is you have to mess with it using paint.net gimp or photoshop

Edited by pyrofreak3

No sometimes it does depends on what car you get and how the modeler works.. also how old the car is usually cars that Are for ELS V5 or before usually have their lights on the emerglights file.. the ones now use the emerglight_emis file.. also its usually pretty simple on the emerglight file there are different shaped lightbars on the emerglight file look for the one that looks like the one on the car and yes just color it

Edited by XBR410

I hate asking all this questions, but I'll never learn to do this otherwise. I also did some Google research and ran across this post: '?do=embed' frameborder='0' data-embedContent>> and cp702 said

"there are files called "emerglights" and "emerglights_emis". "emerglights" controls glass color, while "emerglights_emis" controls the color of the light when it is on. Edit the "emerglights_emis" by copying the blue rectangles over the red ones."

So I imagine the same concept works with the emerglight picture, unfortunately I am still a bit confused. The crown vic I am using: http://gtapolicemods.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=441Blue has all blue lights and a clear LED lightbar. However, when I open the emerglight file I see a ton of red/blue shape patterns and one clear pattern and I don't know what to color (for font and back). So someone mind elaborating a little more as to what I need to color to get this CPVI to look like the DSP and what all those designs are for?. Thank again!despe.jpg

Edited by pyrofreak3

You need to find the one that matches your lightbar (here, it's the one in the lower left that is all clear, second from the top).

You need to find the one that matches your lightbar (here, it's the one in the lower left that is all clear, second from the top).

Yeah I assumed as and I did color each side red & blue respectively but I ran into a few problems. When I did the initial color the color textures appeared to be skewed on the front, the colors wouldn't overlay the LED's properly. I also noticed the shades didn't properly represent the colors on the DSP. Is there different shades your supposed to use to make red LED's look proper? Or do you just experiment until you find something that works?