Sign in to follow this  
dNb

ENB Issues

dNb    1

Please take a look at the video, it explains a lot. This happens any time I install any kind of ENB/Texture enhancer. It is not the fonts or fonts_r. The intro looks however it should look like with whatever enb- sometimes the intro is zoomed in, other times it is normal, but that is how the menu+enb should look like according to the creators. The problem is anything showing up on the screen other than GFWL, such as my menu, radar, scripting (~ button), DAS, ELS menu, trainer, etc. as well as gameplay (it is also jumpy). My game works fine, but I'd love to have a working ENB so my ELS looks good. I used to be able to use ENB's, but not one works now without this problem. I appreciate the Help
~Noah dNb

Edited by dNb

dNb    1

Please take a look at the video, it explains a lot. This happens any time I install any kind of ENB/Texture enhancer. It is not the fonts or fonts_r. The intro looks however it should look like with whatever enb- sometimes the intro is zoomed in, other times it is normal, but that is how the menu+enb should look like according to the creators. The problem is anything showing up on the screen other than GFWL, such as my menu, radar, scripting (~ button), DAS, ELS menu, trainer, etc. as well as gameplay (it is also jumpy). My game works fine, but I'd love to have a working ENB so my ELS looks good. I used to be able to use ENB's, but not one works now without this problem. I appreciate the Help

~Noah dNb

UPDATE: I Figured out the 1 file that was causing this problem: enbeffect.fx

Anyone know why that causes my problem, and if the file is important/how to overcome that problem then

Well, enbeffect.fx is, I think, the file that creates the "enb" effect. Please post your computer specifications, and a G17 media log to make sure you have all installed components necessary. PS, instead of bumping you can edit your original topic, just a tip :)

dNb    1

Well, enbeffect.fx is, I think, the file that creates the "enb" effect. Please post your computer specifications, and a G17 media log to make sure you have all installed components necessary. PS, instead of bumping you can edit your original topic, just a tip :)

I attached the Diagnostic report.

My Specs are http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/Document.jsp?objectID=c03639067&prodSeriesId=5330773

Keep in mind that ENB's used to work, so I don't think it is a hardware issue. Take a look at the report though.

Have you tried updating your video card drivers? If not, they can be found by simply searching your video card's name and affixing "drivers" to the end of the search query.

Hmm... Everything does check out with the diag report. Strange. I am in no way expert on ENB' btw... But this did happen recently, right? Maybe ruling out hardware failure is wrong. But, since it works without enbs (I suppose) it's sounds weird. Anyone else on these forums have a suggestion? 

dNb    1

Have you tried updating your video card drivers? If not, they can be found by simply searching your video card's name and affixing "drivers" to the end of the search query.

I'll try it now, thanks. 

Hmm... Everything does check out with the diag report. Strange. I am in no way expert on ENB' btw... But this did happen recently, right? Maybe ruling out hardware failure is wrong. But, since it works without enbs (I suppose) it's sounds weird. Anyone else on these forums have a suggestion? 

I've only been playing GTA IV PC for 5 months, but It's happened in the past two months. Nothing different happened to my cpu within those two months though. I get what you are saying about hardware. 8Actually, the only different thing was tweak my AMD VISION Engine Control catalyst to make Manhattan Mod (Emergency 4/911:First Responders game) work. Could this be the root of my ENB issue?

Thanks!

Edited by dNb

dNb    1

It could be.. Try changing it back. And also, updating video drivers trewq34 said. 

IT WORKS :D

Thank you both so much. In the Vision control center, my default settings were for the game, and I had the game's settings there too (under the applications title). I kept the game's settings, and made reset my other applications to the defaults. Now both will work. I am very happy that I can now have an ENB (because ELS are sexy :p  ).