Sign in to follow this  
Jesse Schultz

Gta 4 is lagging (HELP)

When I play GTA, it begins to lag. I have LCPDFR and Police Helper that's all. I played around with the graphic settings and helped a little bit. I have Game Booster and tried turning off programs and crap. I just don't know what else I can do, I'm not a computer person. 

Posting a picture of the Specs.

It could be that your GPU is dying. Try and run some various tests to see if it's dying or not. It could be a faulty graphics card as well. If the graphics card isn't dying and if it's not faulty, I don't know what to do. Anyone else having this problem?

In game option, go to graphics tab and turn off shadows and water quality to low (or off, can't remember which).  Turn off V-Sync and reduce detail and vehicle sliders.

Also, try lowering your mip-map to performance and turn off AA and AF.  Not sure what kind of graphics card you have, but hopefully it's at least 1meg (EDIT:  Just noticed you do have 1gig).

EDIT:  Sorry, didn't see your specs before posting.  Like the above post, your GPU or processor could be having issues.

DrDetroit

Edited by drdetroit

It could be that your GPU is dying. Try and run some various tests to see if it's dying or not. It could be a faulty graphics card as well. If the graphics card isn't dying and if it's not faulty, I don't know what to do. Anyone else having this problem?

In game option, go to graphics tab and turn off shadows and water quality to low (or off, can't remember which).  Turn off V-Sync and reduce detail and vehicle sliders.

Also, try lowering your mip-map to performance and turn off AA and AF.  Not sure what kind of graphics card you have, but hopefully it's at least 1meg (EDIT:  Just noticed you do have 1gig).

EDIT:  Sorry, didn't see your specs before posting.  Like the above post, your GPU or processor could be having issues.

DrDetroit

Thanks for the help guys. I will check it out later when I'm home. 

Yea, you should be able to run GTA pretty well, from the looks of your specs.  Run some online benchmark tests and see how it looks.  

DrDetroit

Yea, you should be able to run GTA pretty well, from the looks of your specs.  Run some online benchmark tests and see how it looks.  

DrDetroit

Where can I go to do that? Sorry for asking a dumb question.

Well for one GTA 4 is a VERY demanding game when it comes to computer specs, you need a really good computer to run it on anything above low or medium.

I have a craptop that's 3 years old and half broken with damaged parts and I can play the game on lowest settings with minor lag (20-30 FPS), Probably just like they said a worn out GPU or CPU but try putting everything on the lowest possible settings (Everything low, All sliders to 0 etc).

Do that benchmark test still tho.

Well for one GTA 4 is a VERY demanding game when it comes to computer specs, you need a really good computer to run it on anything above low or medium.

I have a craptop that's 3 years old and half broken with damaged parts and I can play the game on lowest settings with minor lag (20-30 FPS), Probably just like they said a worn out GPU or CPU but try putting everything on the lowest possible settings (Everything low, All sliders to 0 etc).

Do that benchmark test still tho.

I have everything low, even all sliders to 0.