Sign in to follow this  
Handsup!

[Game Crippling] Slow Motion Bug

Hey, i've just got a new PC and it runs GTA IV fine. The FPS is really nice. But that isn't the problem. Every 2 seconds the game goes slow and it stutters. When this isn't happening (during the 2 sec period) it works fine, nice and fast.

Here is my specs:

AMD A8 6600k 4.2ghz 

8gb 1600mhz RAM

A 6670 dual graphics (it works with the integrated graphics of the APU/CPU)

Other games work fine

Thanks

With the new PC usually comes a bunch of bloatware, always running in the background chewing up resources GTAIV could be using.  Get rid of that stuff and turn off any uncessary processes that are running.  Also, I guess some have issues with Windows-8, so check out the pinned thread in support.

You could try turning down shadows and water quality, in the graphics tab when in-game.  Also, dial down the distance and detail settings and see if that helps.

Also, maybe go into your graphics card setting and turn down mip-mapping to performance if still stuttering after reducing graphic settings.

Good luck,

DrDetroit

The new PC was custom built, and i can't see any CPU hogs or memory hogs that i don't know about. I'm running Windows 7.

I'm fairly sure it's the latest patch as it's a fresh install thru Steam which auto updates. I'll try toning down shadows as i know that's demanding, and my water is already on low. I really want to get this fixed!

Edited by Handsup!

The new PC was custom built, and i can't see any CPU hogs or memory hogs that i don't know about. I'm running Windows 7.

I'm fairly sure it's the latest patch as it's a fresh install thru Steam which auto updates. I'll try toning down shadows as i know that's demanding, and my water is already on low. I really want to get this fixed!

GTA IV is, sadly, one of the worst PC-ports ever to be created. Sometimes it works great, but most of the time it's just terrible. 

Yep, i count around 7 reinstalls due to the game not working.

Anyone got ideas on this?

Edited by Handsup!