Anyone know what this is/does?

I have a thing that tells me how much of the processor I'm using, and I see this thing that takes up most of it, does anyone know what is does or or what its for?

h69QhtI.png

Thanks, Chippy

styleLogo-2f682dc2ef5ce8e05d94996f380ed879d295d766.png

Macromedia was original developer of Flash, but it was bought by Adobe many years ago. I suggest some virus/trojan scan as it looks suspicious. Also try to find that exe and check in what directory is it, maybe that will tell you something more.

This file can be an infected one if it uses too much CPU.

Macromedia is the pre-Adobe era of Flash player, now Flash player shouldn't be named Macromedia, maybe a lure, so turn off internet and do a scan with some tools like your antivirus + MalwareBytes etc...

edit : ninja'd by Abraxas :ninja:

Edited by DarthWound

Check out http://systemexplorer.net/file-database/file/macromedia-exe for a little more information on determining if it's safe or not, don't try to force stop it or you might end up doing some damage if it's a safe file.

Also if it does turn out to be a virus remember to go in to Safe Mode before attempting extraction that way there is less chance of it doing more damage during attempted removal, you don't know how embedded it could be in to your OS.

logo.png GMC Founder
Check out our Public Computer Database | Try out my Script's
Members should not be afraid of their community, community's should be afraid of their members.

• Community Team

I scanned it, it was heavily infected, removed it. Back to normal, Thanks all!

Glad to hear you removed that piece of malware, that's never a fun thing to hear/see. Would you like me to close this topic since your issue has been resolved?

Help us, help you!

• Report Rule Breakers and other issues you see!

-JAM, Community Team Moderator.

Glad to hear you removed that piece of malware, that's never a fun thing to hear/see. Would you like me to close this topic since your issue has been resolved?

Thanks! Yes please. Thanks again everyone for your help!

styleLogo-2f682dc2ef5ce8e05d94996f380ed879d295d766.png

• Community Team

Nothing to see here!

This topic has been closed by LCPDFR.com staff.

If you feel that this topic has been closed in error, please report this post.

Help us, help you!

• Report Rule Breakers and other issues you see!

-JAM, Community Team Moderator.