Sign in to follow this  
Chip.

Bad FPS On new video card

Just got the Radeon HD 7770 and i get less fps then i did with my Radeon HD 6700, I think its my CPU but i fail to see that. ill upload my specs in a bit as im posting this from in-game. Does anyone know what the problem is? i get 30-60 on SP and 10-30 on MP.

SPEC's

• AMD FX-4100 Quad-Core Processor 3600 MHz
  • AMD Radeon HD 7770 Series
  • 8.00 GB RAM
  • Windows 8 Pro

Edited by sc2142

I think Windows 8 may be the problem, I never tested it so I don't know if It takes more RAM than Se7en. I can be wrong. I don't know too much about CPUs so I can't tell if the one you got is good or bad.

I think Windows 8 may be the problem, I never tested it so I don't know if It takes more RAM than Se7en. I can be wrong. I don't know too much about CPUs so I can't tell if the one you got is good or bad.

Dont think so. I have windows 8 and a weaker system then his but I run this game fine around 30-40FPS.

Dont think so. I have windows 8 and a weaker system then his but I run this game fine around 30-40FPS.

As I said, I can be wrong. I don't know much about Windows 8 and its Compatibility with games.

As I said, I can be wrong. I don't know much about Windows 8 and its Compatibility with games.

Just saying it should work fine with windows 8. 

Your old card had 800 stream processors and the 7770 has 640. This may slow down the processing speed of the graphics. Also, they both have the same amount of memory and 128 bit memory interface. So the 6770 is faster than the 7770. The 7770 has slightly higher clock speeds but since it have less stream processors it may not matter.