Sign in to follow this  
MSHP

Games for Windows Live

Hey guys sorry for making a new thread. I have got GTA IV working and when I tried to sign in the games for windows live in the game in order to use my gamer tag and saving the game. After I signed in in the game it says invalid key? It's the correct key I use from the back of the book. I went to Xbox.com and redeem the key and it was successful but when I try to play GTA IV and sign into games for windows live it says invalid key.

the key on the back of the book is for the game. you need a xbox live card.

Ohh. I would need Xbox live then? Well heck. Time to get live.

yes when you want to play with somebody but my subscription is up but i can still get on live.   just can't play with anybody until i upgrade.    but as for the key on the back of the book i enter it in the setup menu of the game. i didn't go to xbox to enter it

yes when you want to play with somebody but my subscription is up but i can still get on live. just can't play with anybody until i upgrade. but as for the key on the back of the book i enter it in the setup menu of the game. i didn't go to xbox to enter it

So I still need live in order to save missions I've done?

I just bought live online, hopefully it will let me sign in on games for windows live and start saving missions(after I get off work). I'm tired of not saving the first mission and have to do them over again.

So I still need live in order to save missions I've done?

I just bought live online, hopefully it will let me sign in on games for windows live and start saving missions(after I get off work). I'm tired of not saving the first mission and have to do them over again.

if you already bought live then i don't understand why it not letting you sign in with your existing XBL account.  did you add anything else to you main gta folder ?   As for saving your files there two way one is live and the other is installing Xlive file.

if you already bought live then i don't understand why it not letting you sign in with your existing XBL account. did you add anything else to you main gta folder ? As for saving your files there two way one is live and the other is installing Xlive file.

Well I just bought live like 10mins ago haven't tried to sign in yet since I'm at work till 9:00pm central time.

Haven't added anything to main GTA file.

I guess I don't have the xlive file, when I tried to save the "cousin Bellic" mission it prompted me to sign into games for windows live but said invalid key.

invalid password ?

No. When I sign into games for windows live in the game, I have signed in but it said invalid key.

okay i did a little research on this  your not the only one that had this issue before.  Do this when you get off type in this in the search menu : games for windows live invalid key  and it brings up alot of information about this issue. If anybody else respond to this that have had this problem they can help you further.  I'm sorry that i can't help you further because i never had this happen to me if i did i could help you solve this problem more.  But i can lead you to links when you get off work.

http://boardreader.com/thread/GTA_IV_invalid_key_product_28lt3Xbsj.html

that just one but i wish i could help you further on this issue about the invalid key part.

okay i did a little research on this your not the only one that had this issue before. Do this when you get off type in this in the search menu : games for windows live invalid key and it brings up alot of information about this issue. If anybody else respond to this that have had this problem they can help you further. I'm sorry that i can't help you further because i never had this happen to me if i did i could help you solve this problem more. But i can lead you to links when you get off work.

http://boardreader.com/thread/GTA_IV_invalid_key_product_28lt3Xbsj.html

that just one but i wish i could help you further on this issue about the invalid key part.

Thanks for trying to help though.

Wait so I wouldn't need live to sign into games for windows??

You don't need to buy xbox live to play PC games that have GFWL installed.

All you need is;

• A legal copy of GTA IV Updated to the latest 1.0.7.0 patch
  • Games for Windows Live
  • A free account (be it a new one or an old Xbox 360 Gamertag)

<p>You don't need to buy xbox live to play PC games that have GFWL installed.All you need is;

• A legal copy of GTA IV Updated to the latest 1.0.7.0 patch
  • Games for Windows Live
  • A free account (be it a new one or an old Xbox 360 Gamertag)

I have all that but when I tried to use old Xbox gamer tag it tries to sign in then says invalid key.

@ harper is there anything in LCPDFR archive about Invalid key problems all i came up with is to do research on it.

Maybe I should of signed in games for windows live in game without the LCPDFR?

no  that not the issue  GWL is a whole another issue with invalid keys problems. people have done everything right and they get it. some say it depends on the country while some say it other issues that you have to do. i'm trying to see if anybody else have this problem.

no that not the issue GWL is a whole another issue with invalid keys problems. people have done everything right and they get it. some say it depends on the country while some say it other issues that you have to do. i'm trying to see if anybody else have this problem.

Ahh ok. I am going to call games for windows support after work and see what they say.

EDIT: btw is there anything I can do to save the first mission without signing into games for windows live that way I don't have to redo the mission??

Edited by jim2010

Ahh ok. I am going to call games for windows support after work and see what they say.

EDIT: btw is there anything I can do to save the first mission without signing into games for windows live that way I don't have to redo the mission??

download xlive files this will put the save on your computer instead of the live one until you get it fix.

download xlive files this will put the save on your computer instead of the live one until you get it fix.

Would I put the xlive files in the GTA IV directory?

Would it also work if I create an offline profile to save the game mission?

yes you put it in your main folder and no you don't have to create an offline profile.

Okay. Thanks! I'm gonna do this till I get this problem fixed.