Sign in to follow this  
MSHP

GTA IV on Windows 7 Home Premium.

Hey guys, I just got GTA IV for my Alienware desktop and I installed it successfully but when I try to play it wouldn't play. I have reinstalled GTA IV like 3 times and won't play. It gave me the Seculauncher 2000 error thing. Help please.

like james said you need to enter the serial number and activate the product before you can used it. Depending on where you got it form CD versions its on the back of the book. Download version is located in your e-mail.

Also make sure you are using the latest patch 1.0.7.0, as this updates the Rockstar Games Social Club Launcher.

I also believe your running the launchGTAIV.exe from a shortcut on the desktop, try launching it directly from the folder (I think I had this issue once before)

Edited by Faracus

If you're using a cracked version, no help is given. But try running it as an administrator. If that doesn't work, look for a section in the start menu for activation of GTA IV  and use that. I know for me when I first launched GTA using the laucnhGTAIV.exe it immediately prompted for a serial code. I use a shortcut pinned to my taskbar to launch it too.

I have entered the serial and had to generate the request code on rockstar support. I bought my copy from Walmart. Should I download the patch first and Install before installing the game? I have installed the game first and then the patch. After that it wasn't launching so I reinstalled it 3 times and still didn't work.

Should I install as windows xp service pack 2?

EDIT: I have got it to play!

Edited by jim2010

I just want to update this. So after successful install if GTA IV and have done everything correctly. I downloaded the latest patch for GTA IV and dragged the latest patch file to GTA IV directory and updated from there. Patch went successful and tried to run as admin on launch.exe( can't remember name) it gave me WS10 error so I re update the patch again and then run as admin after that problem solved. Now I can start playing!