Sign in to follow this  
ipk0wnu

Computer turns off when i run GTA IV

yes thats right, i've installed GTA Iv from steam right i can play everything, i've downloaded LCPDFR but when i go on GTAIV and plays the policing after 10-20 mins my computer turns off..

i can use my computer fine if im not on GTA IV.. i've got fans on graphics card and afew on case...

Can soemone help me out on here?

Thank you

If you're using it on Steam there are a few things you can do, go to your Steam folder in Local files and find GTA- then run it as admin, if that doesn't work right click again then 'Troubleshoot compatibility'.

If that still doesn't work, go on Steam, right-click then properties then Local Files and Verify Integrity of Game Cache

That should fix it...

If your using a laptop it might be due to overheating.

Nope i got a brand new gaming pc

If you're using it on Steam there are a few things you can do, go to your Steam folder in Local files and find GTA- then run it as admin, if that doesn't work right click again then 'Troubleshoot compatibility'.

If that still doesn't work, go on Steam, right-click then properties then Local Files and Verify Integrity of Game Cache

That should fix it...

Thank you will try all this now

Your PSU is too weak to handle the GPU and CPU at full load. Had the same problem with Battlefield 3. Fixed it by upgrading my PSU.

You probably made a mistake configuring your gaming PC.

Your PSU is too weak to handle the GPU and CPU at full load. Had the same problem with Battlefield 3. Fixed it by upgrading my PSU.

You probably made a mistake configuring your gaming PC.

So i need to buy a new power supply?

I'm not 100% sure, but it sounds like what I had. My PC just shut off (screen black, fans revving down from one second to another).

I learned that thats how an emergency shutdown looks like, which the CPU performs either when it gets too hot or when it isn't getting enough juice from the PSU anymore. This always happened after a certain time playing Battlefield, after I bought a new and bigger GPU.

If you have a chance to, I'd try to borrow a PSU from a friend (a more powerful if possible) and see if that solves the problem.

Edited by Break

I'm not 100% sure, but it sounds like what I had. My PC just shut off (screen black, fans revving down from one second to another).

I learned that thats how an emergency shutdown looks like, which the CPU performs either when it gets too hot or when it isn't getting enough juice from the PSU anymore. This always happened after a certain time playing Battlefield, after I bought a new and bigger GPU.

If you have a chance to, I'd try to borrow a PSU from a friend (a more powerful if possible) and see if that solves the problem.

Thank you for the reply my friend, I've been told it maybe the power supply from someone else aswell!, yeah after soem time it cuts off aswell :(..

I asked in a computer sotre where i got it from and they did say that the one i got should be good as a gaming pc, i'm gonna go back and kick off lol..

Also i did the "trouble shoot" on the GTAIV and i'm getting this..

Like u can see i've downloaded service 3 re-set my computer and still saying it's not working..

http://i.imgur.com/BmSIE.png

Can you give me your specs?

EDIT:

You don't have Windows XP, so downloading XP Service Pack 3 is useless. Try downloading Windows 7 Service Pack 1.

Edited by Break

Can you give me your specs?

EDIT:

You don't have Windows XP, so downloading XP Service Pack 3 is useless. Try downloading Windows 7 Service Pack 1.

my specs

1tb hard drive

2x ballistic sport 4gb

Free DVD drive

600w ATX modular power supply

R7770 black edition 5 super overclock

Ultra Durable classic 4 970 A-DS3

AMD FX processor black edition

OMG what was i thinking OMFG!!!!!

downloaded how do i check?

Edited by ipk0wnu