Sign in to follow this  
ASTTrprDillon95

How TO have multiple copies of IV??

Ok so I want to have multiple copies of IV for different set up of Police cars. I have seen some people with multple copies of IV installed. They can run them smoothly. I am really clue less anbout this. If anyone can help, our help will be greatly appreciated.

Copy the IV directory, name each IV folder differently, and keep a backup IV directory. To choose which one you want to play, you will need to go into the directory you want to play in and hit Launch GTAIV instead of one from the desktop.

You could just make back-ups of the vehicles.img and store them in labeled files, that way it takes less space and its easier to launch with a certain car pack

You could just make back-ups of the vehicles.img and store them in labeled files, that way it takes less space and its easier to launch with a certain car pack

Thanks... I think I would do this.

Copy the IV directory, name each IV folder differently, and keep a backup IV directory. To choose which one you want to play, you will need to go into the directory you want to play in and hit Launch GTAIV instead of one from the desktop.

I personally did this, have 3 folders, the original un-modded GTA IV, GTA IV with ENB and GTA IV with LCPDFR :D

Also you can make a different shortcut for LaunchGTAIV for each version on your desktop so you don't have to search through folders every time :D