Sign in to follow this  
LCPD-74

Am I doing this right?

I am making a car skin and am Using Photoshop CS5 extended what I basically have done was take the car template than just filling in the car parts with what color the car will be than adding my designs, is that right? Or does the whole page have to be the color of my car and also if the car I want to make a skin for didn't have a template how would I make the skin?

The way you've described it I'd say yes, you are doing it right, just put the colors and designs where you would want it to go on the car.... All the black area around the vehicle parts is not mapped so you can put whatever you want there, whether it be credits or the vehicle base color...

As far as not having the template its sort of a guessing game... If you can find it, its probably easier.

First part sounds like your doing it correctly. Second thing though, if the car isn't mapped its impossible to make skins for it. There isn't anyway to map it either unless the car is unlocked or the original author maps it

First part sounds like your doing it correctly. Second thing though, if the car isn't mapped its impossible to make skins for it. There isn't anyway to map it either unless the car is unlocked or the original author maps it

Its not impossible.. Just very difficult.

okay does anyone know of any crownvics with the setna push bumper and whelen liberty lightbar with a traffic advisor??

okay does anyone know of any crownvics with the setna push bumper and whelen liberty lightbar with a traffic advisor??

Um...nice thread highjack...

Um...nice thread highjack...

He made the Thread, no hijacking seen here lol, just a swift extreme change of topic!