Area Vehicle Mod?

HBengtson

We all know about the Area Livery Mod, where you can select which liveries a unit can use where. But what about a mod where you can choose which VEHICLES spawn where. For example, my game includes LAPD vehicles in Police and Police2. I also have CHP vehicles in FBI and Noose. With a mod that works like this, the user would be able to select the FBI and Noose units to patrol like Police and Police2 do in one area, to make the game more realistic. Does anybody know how to make a script like this?

Logo small.png

As far as I know, the only way of doing this would be by hooking the game's vehicle spawning and changing the models.  Right now we can't do this.  There are some alternative methods of doing it by normal scripting, although I suspect it would result in more problems than it is worth.

"You tell me exactly what you want, and I will very carefully explain to you why it cannot be."

I've had this same idea in my head in the past. Believe it or not there is a script like this for vice city :p I support this idea!

As far as I know, the only way of doing this would be by hooking the game's vehicle spawning and changing the models.  Right now we can't do this.  There are some alternative methods of doing it by normal scripting, although I suspect it would result in more problems than it is worth.

Would it be easier to add additional vehicles to spawn in certain parts of the map? (without touching the original)? 

Or make it compatible with the police traffic spawn script?

Edited by LCPD_OFFICER