Car Not Loading in zModeler

Hey guys, I'm trying to import CJ24's unlocked Crown Victoria that I downloaded from the Development Resources section here.

I import all the vehshare textures to the library, then import the CVPI specific textures, then import the wft file, and the car appears to import incomplete as you can see in the attatched image. No error messages are displayed in zModeler, and this is the only unlocked car I've had trouble with so far.

What am I missing?

It looks like the model is completely there, given the shown geometry in the views (other than 3D).

Since it seems to have a transparent body, check to see if there is any livery image file that is being used for the car. If this texture is transparent, this could be why you can't see the car's body in Zmodeler (even though it's still there).

Edit: This model could also appear like this because it uses paint3 for its liveries (which it most likely is UV mapped for).

If I remember correctly, you can hide the individual texture that references the template/livery image within the material. This should enable you to see the body of the car in white.

This same appearance occurs when you import some vanilla IV cars that use paint3, too.

Edited by Murphy

It looks like the model is completely there, given the shown geometry in the views (other than 3D).

Since it seems to have a transparent body, check to see if there is any livery image file that is being used for the car. If this texture is transparent, this could be why you can't see the car's body in Zmodeler (even though it's still there).

Edit: This model could also appear like this because it uses paint3 for its liveries (which it most likely is UV mapped for).

If I remember correctly, you can hide the individual texture that references the template/livery image within the material. This should enable you to see the body of the car in white.

This same appearance occurs when you import some vanilla IV cars that use paint3, too.

"Murphy, it's you..."

I couldn't resist a line from one of my favorite movies. But seriously though, now that you mention it I do beleive the liveries are transparant. When I open the car in OpenIV, it works fine, but all 4 liveries are transparant. I guess I just need to install a solid color livery into the number 1 slot for working with the car in zModeler. Boy, the little things that can screw you up with this program...

That fixed it. I put a solid color texture on and it works like a charm. Thanks a lot for the help! Now if only I could find some awesome tutorials to answer the 5,398 other noob questions I have. Oh well, one crisis at a time! Thanks again.

"Murphy, it's you..."

I couldn't resist a line from one of my favorite movies. But seriously though, now that you mention it I do beleive the liveries are transparant. When I open the car in OpenIV, it works fine, but all 4 liveries are transparant. I guess I just need to install a solid color livery into the number 1 slot for working with the car in zModeler. Boy, the little things that can screw you up with this program...

That fixed it. I put a solid color texture on and it works like a charm. Thanks a lot for the help! Now if only I could find some awesome tutorials to answer the 5,398 other noob questions I have. Oh well, one crisis at a time! Thanks again.

Lol, that's cool.  :tongue:

Glad that you were able to get it working. If you ever have any other questions, feel free to ask! I remember having a lot of issues with Zmodeler, and though I'm still not 100% perfect, I understand most of what any modeler would want to know for working with cars.

One good tutorial I followed that helped me a lot (even though I had to do some figuring out myself) was this one:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ez2yvfY21Q

The only reason the car is clear is because it has a transparent texture. I suggest you put a black skin on it.

Join Blue Line Gaming Today! Accepting Applications for Law Enforcement, Fire and Rescue, Dispatch, and Civilian. More information here. 

Join my development discord here.

DO NOT CONTACT ME FOR SUPPORT! THAT IS WHAT THE FORUMS ARE FOR!