Both the developers of LCPD:FR and ELS have fixed most of the problems outlined here in LCPDFR v1.1 and ELS v8.5 respectively.
This guide still applies to 1.0d and earlier, as well as ELS v8.0 and earlier.
This guide is designed to provide information on GTA IV crashing just before getting in game, or GTA IV crashing during gameplay, caused by ELS.
Before performing the actions this guide, make sure you have done the following:
- Make sure you aren't using a crack
- Update GTA IV to 126.96.36.199 (the latest version of the game, or 188.8.131.52 for EFLC) - This sometimes fixes a wide variety of issues
- Make sure that you run the game as an administrator.
- Make sure that you are using the Advancedhooks and Scripthooks provided with LCPD:FR
- Delete AdvancedHookInit.asi (If present in main directory)
- Make sure that your GTA IV root folder (and every subdirectory) is not set to "read-only"
- Ensure that ScriptHook.dll, ScriptHookDotNet.asi and Dsound.dll OR Xlive.dll are in the GTA IV ROOT folder
- Ensure that there is a folder titled 'LCPDFR' in the ROOT GTA IV folder.
- Check that all the above files exist. If they do not, reinstall LCPDFR with the MANUAL installation.
- Ensure that you are using up to date versions of every LCPDFR dependency and LCPDFR itself.
- Install Net Framework 4.5 and Microsoft Visual C++ Redist 2012
This crash is typically caused by ELS Ai. This is ELS providing the same lighting to other vehicles. To confirm this is the problem, you can disable ELS Ai in the ELS.ini configuration file:
[ MISC SETTINGS ]
FlashSoundFx = on
FlashDelay_Sp = 2 // (0-5) Lower value for faster ELS lights in SP
FlashDelay_Mp = 2 // (0-5) Lower value for faster ELS lights in MP
Els_Range_Pl = 800
Els_Range_Ai = 500
Ai_Els_Sp = on
Ai_Els_Mp = on
MaxElsCarsAtOnce = 20
ClearRandAiExtrasSp = on
ClearRandAiExtrasMp = on
ClearAiExtrasDist = 500
Lstg3LightsMoveTraf = off
To disable ELS Ai, change Ai_Els_Sp and Ai_Els_Mp from on to off.
This crash can also be caused by incompatibility between LCPD:FR and ELS. Simply reinstall LCPD:FR after you install ELS, or try changing AdvancedHook.dll between what is included with LCPD:FR and ELS.
If this solution gets you in game, but you want to re-enable ELS Ai, there are a number of solutions you can try in the following order:
- Disable ELS on NON-ELS vehicles in slotcontrol.ini
- Disable Cruise Lights in the vehicle configuration file
- Disable ClearRandAIExtras
- (If Above Works) Re-enable and reduce ClearRandAiExtras distance
- Reduce Els_Range_Ai
- Change ASI Loader
This problem is commonly seen the error "System.MissingMethodException: Method not found: Boolean AdvancedHookManaged..." Both ELS and LCPD:FR can crash without the correct Advancedhook. To correct the problem, just use the Advancedhook provided with LCPD:FR. You can obtain this through LCPD:FR's manual installation package, or just by reinstalling LCPD:FR.
**GUDE STIll UNDER CONSTRUCTON**