My MOD thread created.
Anyone can participate, but I am not good at English, so comments may be delayed.

This thread also includes new mod discussions, support and beta tests.

Thank you.

Edited by HANAKO

Handcuffs to the back of the vest would look nice.  

Edited by LCPD03

21 minutes ago, LCPD03 said:

Handcuffs to the back of the vest would look nice.  

Thanks, good idea!
May be adopted for the next VEST

Most belts carry tasers. The handcuffs at top may not work because they block the scissors. You could remove the pistol magazines by the police patch and place the handcuffs there. You already have pistol mags near the rifle magazines. Just my take

ASUS Z97-DELUXE, LGA1150 Motherboard, i7-4790K Quad-Core 4 - 4.4GHz, Cosair 16GB (2 x 8GB) Vengeance Pro Red DDR3, GeForce GTX 980, Micron 256GB M600 SSD (Primary), 3TB Barracuda (Secondary), Corsair hx750 Power Supply

1 hour ago, Ranger61 said:

Most belts carry tasers. The handcuffs at top may not work because they block the scissors. You could remove the pistol magazines by the police patch and place the handcuffs there. You already have pistol mags near the rifle magazines. Just my take

The porch next to Taser is a baton...

1 hour ago, Ranger61 said:

But it is better to change the position of handcuffs

Edited by HANAKO

Hi, I started making skins for your vest model  but when i use the eup menu  I can't change the skin 

Did I make a mistake and thank you for your work.

701435462_EUP-VEST.png.975fc2a9dd07a7deef026375ff456f53.png

I make instagram police edits check it out 

@shield_editing

5 minutes ago, HANAKO said:

The porch next to Tazer is a baton...

I should have said the pistol mags on top of the rifle magazines. If we have two there, we don't need more. You really can't go wrong. You can shuffle stuff around. I'm not that strong, so I would be happy with just two rifle mags and two pistol mags on my vest. Someone else might want to carry more ammo. In any event, I like what you're doing.

ASUS Z97-DELUXE, LGA1150 Motherboard, i7-4790K Quad-Core 4 - 4.4GHz, Cosair 16GB (2 x 8GB) Vengeance Pro Red DDR3, GeForce GTX 980, Micron 256GB M600 SSD (Primary), 3TB Barracuda (Secondary), Corsair hx750 Power Supply

Just now, shieldediting said:

Hi, I started making skins for your vest model  but when i use the eup menu  I can't change the skin 

Did I make a mistake and thank you for your work.

701435462_EUP-VEST.png.975fc2a9dd07a7deef026375ff456f53.png

The replaced file does not support multi-texture.

You need to change the name to task_001_u.ydd

and put the file in this location.

Grand Theft Auto V\mods\update\x64\dlcpacks\eup\dlc.rpf\x64\eup_componentpeds.rpf\mp_m_freemode_01_mp_m_january2016

4 minutes ago, Ranger61 said:

I should have said the pistol mags on top of the rifle magazines. If we have two there, we don't need more. You really can't go wrong. You can shuffle stuff around. I'm not that strong, so I would be happy with just two rifle mags and two pistol mags on my vest. Someone else might want to carry more ammo. In any event, I like what you're doing.

Thanks!
Please give me more ideas!

I think the vest is cool. There is really nothing to do. You could remove the pistol magazines at the top, and replace them with the pen and scissors. That could make the police patch more visible. You could also remove the pistol magazines and just leave the Police Patch. I really like what you have done with the vest. 

22 minutes ago, CoxyLSPDFR said:

Bit of a long shot, but whats the best way of learning how to make vests etc?

Firstly I would recommend how to 3D model using something like blender. It's free and can allow you to edit and add to your models freely. It also give you the knowledge on how everything works in the modeling field and can make it a bit easier to work with zmodeler (which can be a giant pain).

The main thing to learn is Zmodeler 3, which is used to put all your models into GTA. It also allows you to create cars and stuff like that. You can find tutorials for bender but it's kinda of a mixed bag when it comes to Zmodeler. I wish you the best on your endeavours, and if you need any advice or any more detail feel free to PM me. I'm sure HANAKO can give you their take on it as well.

The vest is great. But you could probably shuffle some things to more efficient places. A taser would work in that placement but a cross-draw setup is much more common. The cuffs like someone else mentioned, block the scissors. If you were to move the cuffs to the back or right side (from the front on view) that would be much more efficient for a officer. Another thing that you could do is remove the pistol mags on the top and replace them with the cuffs. Pistol mags that high would probably be super clunky to remove especially quickly in a long shootout and might result in someone punching themselves in the face (would be very funny to see). Overall though good work and progress made so far :). 

5 minutes ago, CoxyLSPDFR said:

okay thank you for the advice bro. i will do my best to learn everything necessary to start modelling.

It can take a while, so don't get discouraged and remember that you won't be an ace modeler to begin with so it's fine if you very first models look like shit, you're learning. Some more advice for actually modelling, when creating something real it is important to get as much research as possible (length, height, width, TONS of photos etc.) Take your time. 

4 hours ago, SimplisticDesigns said:

The vest is great. But you could probably shuffle some things to more efficient places. A taser would work in that placement but a cross-draw setup is much more common. The cuffs like someone else mentioned, block the scissors. If you were to move the cuffs to the back or right side (from the front on view) that would be much more efficient for a officer. Another thing that you could do is remove the pistol mags on the top and replace them with the cuffs. Pistol mags that high would probably be super clunky to remove especially quickly in a long shootout and might result in someone punching themselves in the face (would be very funny to see). Overall though good work and progress made so far :). 

It can take a while, so don't get discouraged and remember that you won't be an ace modeler to begin with so it's fine if you very first models look like shit, you're learning. Some more advice for actually modelling, when creating something real it is important to get as much research as possible (length, height, width, TONS of photos etc.) Take your time. 

Thank you!  Use it for the next setup.  By the way, the upper porch is flashlight and spray...

4 hours ago, CoxyLSPDFR said:

okay thank you for the advice bro. i will do my best to learn everything necessary to start modelling.

Good luck!

5 hours ago, Ranger61 said:

I think the vest is cool. There is really nothing to do. You could remove the pistol magazines at the top, and replace them with the pen and scissors. That could make the police patch more visible. You could also remove the pistol magazines and just leave the Police Patch. I really like what you have done with the vest. 

Can I remove handcuffs?

Edited by HANAKO

21 hours ago, HANAKO said:

Thank you!  Use it for the next setup.  By the way, the upper porch is flashlight and spray...

Good luck!

Can I remove handcuffs?

Sorry for the delayed reply....the cuffs can be removed. We have them on the belt. I like the vest.The cuffs can be replaced with a knife.  The SWAT Vest is a different story. You carry more gear on tac vest in SWAT. The radio would be moved to the back and the mic replaced with a push mic version for the headset that is common today. You have more gear in the back so you can carry more magazines. 

The belt is cool with the SWAT vest. 

You working hard!!! 😄

JPC would be a good SWAT Vest. Safariland is sweet. If you add it, could you make a version for the regular duty belt and thigh in EUP as well as the combat belt?

5 hours ago, Ranger61 said:

You working hard!!! 😄

JPC would be a good SWAT Vest. Safariland is sweet. If you add it, could you make a version for the regular duty belt and thigh in EUP as well as the combat belt?

OK, let's do it