zackthompson

How can I make a normal car be recognised by LSPDFR as a cop car?

I was just wondering how to make normal cars be recognised as a cop car to use on patrols. Basically the end goal is to make a deluxo police car.

1 hour ago, zackthompson said:

I was just wondering how to make normal cars be recognised as a cop car to use on patrols. Basically the end goal is to make a deluxo police car.

Are you a vehicle developer trying to make a car a police vehicle, or are you asking if you can spawn any old civilian car and patrol with it?  If it's the latter, you can't.

20 minutes ago, Giordano said:

Are you a vehicle developer trying to make a car a police vehicle, or are you asking if you can spawn any old civilian car and patrol with it?  If it's the latter, you can't.

Well I am trying to become a vehicle developer. So far I've got the taillights of the deluxo flashing so npcs move out of the way but I can't perform traffic stops. Basically it doesn't interact with LSPDFR

47 minutes ago, zackthompson said:

Well I am trying to become a vehicle developer. So far I've got the taillights of the deluxo flashing so npcs move out of the way but I can't perform traffic stops. Basically it doesn't interact with LSPDFR

Have you added the car to a police slot, such as police, police2, etc?

11 hours ago, Giordano said:

Have you added the car to a police slot, such as police, police2, etc?

How would I do that? P.s thank you for helping xD

6 hours ago, zackthompson said:

How would I do that? P.s thank you for helping xD

Ok, hold on, what slot is the car in now? XD Is it in the slot it was originally in and you just tried making it law enforcement?

13 minutes ago, Giordano said:

Ok, hold on, what slot is the car in now? XD Is it in the slot it was originally in and you just tried making it law enforcement?

Yes its in its original slot and i then tried to make it law enforcement

Posted (edited)

As far as I understand, police vehicle recognition is based on vehicle flags. Vehicle flags are stored in the vehicles.meta file, this post won't explain the specifics and assumes you can do this on your own. The following flags should enable police functions for LSPDFR (and by extension, the IsPoliceVehicle method in RAGEPluginHook):

FLAG_LAW_ENFORCEMENT FLAG_EMERGENCY_SERVICE

Edited by liverlande

5 minutes ago, liverlande said:

As far as I understand, police vehicle recognition is based on vehicle flags. Vehicle flags are stored in the vehicles.meta file, this post won't explain the specifics and assumes you can do this on your own. The following flags should enable police functions for LSPDFR (and by extension, the IsPoliceVehicle method in RAGEPluginHook):

That is true, but if the vehicle does not have lights on it, which is what I was getting at, I don't believe it'll work.

31 minutes ago, zackthompson said:

Yes its in its original slot and i then tried to make it law enforcement

Take the vehicle files and put them in a law enforcement slot such as police, police2, etc.  If you try and make a default slot law enforcement, you're going to have civilians driving around in cop cars.

2 minutes ago, liverlande said:

Hi, I gave that a try and it didn't seem to work : (

what is the ispolicevehicle method?

6 minutes ago, Giordano said:

That is true, but if the vehicle does not have lights on it, which is what I was getting at, I don't believe it'll work.

Take the vehicle files and put them in a law enforcement slot such as police, police2, etc.  If you try and make a default slot law enforcement, you're going to have civilians driving around in cop cars.

What vehicle files should I put in the law enforcement slot?

22 hours ago, Giordano said:

Also how do I do that?

2 hours ago, zackthompson said:

Also how do I do that?

Do what, take the files and put them somewhere else?  Go to where the car files are at that you're wanting.  Drag and drop them onto your desktop.

Now navigate to the very newest patchday that has a vehicles.rpf.

Rename the car files on your desktop to "police".

Click "edit mode" in open iv

drag and drop the renamed files into open iv.

click "edit mode" again and you're done.

5 minutes ago, Giordano said:

Do what, take the files and put them somewhere else?  Go to where the car files are at that you're wanting.  Drag and drop them onto your desktop.

Now navigate to the very newest patchday that has a vehicles.rpf.

Rename the car files on your desktop to "police".

Click "edit mode" in open iv

drag and drop the renamed files into open iv.

click "edit mode" again and you're done.

Ahhh okay what car files will I need?