BryanChung

Can't I play GTA Online when I have LSPDFR installed?

I'm new to the game. I installed LSPDFR. However when I try to launch my GTA Online, it says my game files were altered hence they don't allow me to connect Online to play.

Any work around for this?

53 minutes ago, BryanChung said:

I'm new to the game. I installed LSPDFR. However when I try to launch my GTA Online, it says my game files were altered hence they don't allow me to connect Online to play.

Any work around for this?

Hello,

It is recommended to have a backup copy of the game files as well that have all the original files in it without all the added stuff, such as LSPDFR and RPH.

Hope That Helped!

1 minute ago, BryanChung said:

Does that means I need to install 2 copies of GTA? One for Online, one for LSPD?

Here is what you can do to achieve two GTA 5 Folders:

1. Rename your current GTA 5 folder from "Grand Theft Auto V" to "Grand Theft Auto Mods". 

2. Go into the steam library and right click and press "launch". Doing the previous step should make the game reinstall all over again.

3. Now you should have two game folders. To switch between them, just rename them to have one be: "Grand Theft Auto V". Whichever one is named that will be the active one.

Best of Luck!

16 minutes ago, UnknownBastion said:

1. Rename your current GTA 5 folder from "Grand Theft Auto V" to "Grand Theft Auto Mods". 

2. Go into the steam library and right click and press "launch". Doing the previous step should make the game reinstall all over again.

3. Now you should have two game folders. To switch between them, just rename them to have one be: "Grand Theft Auto V". Whichever one is named that will be the active one.

Best of Luck!

For #3 .. so basically means I need to rename EITHER Folder to "Grand Theft Auto V" and that will be the one that I will launch to play?

On 12/19/2018 at 10:43 PM, UnknownBastion said:

Best of Luck!

Can I just Right Click and copy my GTA V folder in files and install the Mods in the new file? Or does it need to be another Steam download?

On 12/30/2018 at 8:01 AM, Devin2029 said:

Can I just Right Click and copy my GTA V folder in files and install the Mods in the new file? Or does it need to be another Steam download?

Yes. 

* You cannot download the game twice - it can only be downloaded once unless you uninstall it or you’re missing files from the game.*

When you download Grand Theft Auto V either from steam, or disk, proceed to your route directory and right click or control copy the folder and paste it. Once it has completed copying the game file, right click rename it from ‘Grand Theft Auto V - Copy’ to ‘Grand Theft Auto V - LSPDFR’. With the original game file, change it to: ‘Grand Theft Auto V - Vanilla’ so you know that’s the original (non-edited/modded game) so you can access online features. 

Please be aware though, if you want to play either Vanilla or LSPDFR you have to change the file back to: ‘Grand Theft Auto V’ without ‘-Vanilla’ or ‘-LSPDFR’ as it won’t recognise it depending on what you want to do. 

I would recommend watching Albo1125 videos; link to his playlist is here: 

All the best, 

Connor 

Edited by Connor B.