Lordani66

When do I get banned for mods?

Or let me rephrase the question from the topic name. I have 2 folders with GTA V game, one is for LSPDFR and it is heavily modded, another is for regular SP game because I wanted to replay the wholegaim again, but that folder is a little modded as well, it has a few Open IV mods (I'm using MODS folder), it also has rage plugin hook and script hook (although I am not using any scripts lol), and the Open IV installed the asi loader because I needed one asi file mod, one that lets you use MP cars in SP (so that they don't disappear). Now, what I wanted to do now is to not turn the game on through the RPH, but through Steam, normally. I am talking about SP version. I need to do this because this way the R* social club page will show me my stats from my current save, I will see what I have done and what i'm still missing etc. It doesn't do this since I am normally using RPH. Is it safe to just turn the SP this way for a minute to let the save and my RGSC profile synch? Or will I get banned?

If I'm reading what you're saying/asking correctly, no you won't get banned in singleplayer for mods. Rockstar said they don't care about SP mods it's only when they're used in MP/Online mode.

Edited by smoketoobig

10 minutes ago, smoketoobig said:

If I'm reading what you're saying/asking correctly, no you won't get banned in singleplayer for mods. Rockstar said they don't care about SP mods it's only when they're used in MP/Online mode.

To add to this, I think part of Lordani's confusion is that we often mention having two GTA directories.

The two GTA directories is only if you want to play GTA Online. 

1 hour ago, Giordano said:

To add to this, I think part of Lordani's confusion is that we often mention having two GTA directories.

The two GTA directories is only if you want to play GTA Online. 

No, I knew that people suggest having 2 folders, one vanilla, for MP. I have two, because one is more SP friendly, but still modded. It has nothing to do with what people suggest for having for MP mode. I just didn't know if modded game is safe for playing it through Steam.

20 minutes ago, Lordani66 said:

No, I knew that people suggest having 2 folders, one vanilla, for MP. I have two, because one is more SP friendly, but still modded. It has nothing to do with what people suggest for having for MP mode. I just didn't know if modded game is safe for playing it through Steam.

Ah, I see.  Yeah, modded is perfectly fine for SP/Steam.