matthewharris090

How do i make a car any colour ?

Hey, so, im quite new to making vehicles. So far ive expressed my creative freedom and make a few cars lol. i know how to edit templates,  and when im done make a new layer to paint over everything but the stuff ive done. this is so the car is set a certain colour. I want to know how to change that colour to anything while in game like how would i make it so it can change colour in game. any help greatly appreciated ! thank you!  ((THis is also my first post here sorry if this is in the wrong area))

5 minutes ago, matthewharris090 said:

Hey, so, im quite new to making vehicles. So far ive expressed my creative freedom and make a few cars lol. i know how to edit templates,  and when im done make a new layer to paint over everything but the stuff ive done. this is so the car is set a certain colour. I want to know how to change that colour to anything while in game like how would i make it so it can change colour in game. any help greatly appreciated ! thank you!  ((THis is also my first post here sorry if this is in the wrong area))

I'm a bit confused. Is your question how to change the car colors in-game?
Use this trainer >Vehicle options>car color
https://www.gta5-mods.com/scripts/simple-trainer-for-gtav

12 minutes ago, Pavy said:

I'm a bit confused. Is your question how to change the car colors in-game?
Use this trainer >Vehicle options>car color
https://www.gta5-mods.com/scripts/simple-trainer-for-gtav

Sorry i didnt expain it very well. So i create a texture and when im done i drown it in black so the template doesnt show through. i dont always want it to be black in game, and i dont know what i would need to do to the texture to allow it to change the color in game to anything and not just black. 

13 hours ago, matthewharris090 said:

Sorry i didnt expain it very well. So i create a texture and when im done i drown it in black so the template doesnt show through. i dont always want it to be black in game, and i dont know what i would need to do to the texture to allow it to change the color in game to anything and not just black. 

For any place on the texture you want to be able to change the color, you have to make it transparent (no color at all) for it to be changeable in game. Then you use a trainer as Pavy said to actually change the color when you are in game.

2 minutes ago, Phaxol said:

For any place on the texture you want to be able to change the color, you have to make it transparent (no color at all) for it to be changeable in game. Then you use a trainer as Pavy said to actually change the color when you are in game.

so i just, leave the neon line things on the template? sorry for being slow lol

Edited by matthewharris090

6 minutes ago, matthewharris090 said:

so i just, leave the neon line things on the template? sorry for being slow lol

Nope, you want a fully transparent background except for what you want to see in game (for example just license plates). The texture should look something like this in most photo editing programs:

0KWnHeZ.png

4 minutes ago, Phaxol said:

Nope, you want a fully transparent background except for what you want to see in game (for example just license plates). The texture should look something like this in most photo editing programs:

0KWnHeZ.png

thank you!

cDWkl5Q.png

Your topic has been moved to GTA V Support, this is not LSPDFR related.
Please post in the correct location in the future.