Pavy

A "Solved" Feature For Support Threads

I feel like this feature would be a great addition. I've seen some websites use this.

For example a user posts a thread and after a few replies the issue gets solved. The thread can have a SOLVED in the title or a green Check mark next to it if possible.

The Author, OR Moderator selects it if author forgets too.

Also The solution can be highlighted so for future reference people don't have to search through the comments.

Similar to the "Recommended comments" Feature. A comment is highlighted but instead it's a solution, that would be great. 

Here is a perfect example I found. Tomshardware has this feature.

Best answer is highlighted and easy to see.
http://www.tomshardware.com/answers/id-3752563/nvidia-shadowplay-recording-game-audio.html
Screenshot_2.png.436f6770399b3fef9d5287d2d3bc1dde.png

There is a solved Icon near title and in thread section.
Screenshot_4.png.c00bc04843754393e304f913a7eef11a.png

Screenshot_3.png.76007e0734afe8806ec378228fbd877d.png

Edited by Pav500

I have already been in discussion with Cyan about this, who said it would be do-able.    We're still ironing out the finer details with it.

Also The solution can be highlighted so for future reference people don't have to search through the comments.

I see two issues here.

1) In some cases, there are multiple solutions.  One might not work, while another does.  Meaning the pinned solution worked for the OP, but didn't work for the random Google person looking for help.  Instead of reading the whole thread which has multiple solutions, they create a new account and post asking something that could've been solved had they read the whole thread.

2) How many people are actually going to use this feature?  Most of the time they create a thread, get the help they need, then immediately leave and never come back. 

I do see the potential uses for this, but I'm opposed to it.

I'm definitely (mostly) on board. The only main problem I can see is stuff not being marked as solved. I guess maybe we could have a 'Vote as solved' button or something and have a set number of votes to auto-promote a post as solved.