jwatson5021875

License plate won’t change?

So I can’t find information anywhere online, basically, did a bunch of add on vehicles yet I’m not sure how to get the plates to change when you do them in game, I know the aloe picks up the change but the places do not visually change, any ideas? Thank you in advance!

Some car mods have plates that are part of the texture and do not use the in-game plate system. You can only change those plates (visually) if you edit the textures.

1 hour ago, jwatson5021875 said:

I do see them as on the cvpi.sign.1 then the other model has the plate as a whole different file in the ytd

Yeah, in each of those cases the plate won't change in game unless you edit the actual textures.

If the license plate textures are inside the livery files, you want to do the following:

1. Extract the texture file containing the license plate texture inside it (ex. cvpi_sign_1) to an easily accessible location.
2. Open the file you've just extracted using any photo editing of your choice. (ex. paint.net, GIMP, Photoshop, etc.)
3. Replace the license plate image with whatever texture you want. Here's a set of SA Exempt Plates: https://www.lcpdfr.com/files/file/17085-lore-friendly-sa-exempt-vehicle-plates/

4. Save the file.

5. Drag the file you just edited into the .ytd that it came from and save.