toscanOs

Nothing happens once in game

So I installed everything i believe correctly but once i get into the game the messages at the bottom left dont appear and i dont see any police station icons. I think this probably has something to do with the rage plugin because it doesn't say that loaded in either and pressing f4 to open the console doesnt work. This is a weird problem cuz i havent found it anywhere else on the internet

Edited by toscanOs

Cant edit the post again for some reason but I looked into the Rage log and found this:

[10/16/2018 7:00:00 PM.896] Initializing Direct3D
[10/16/2018 7:00:00 PM.896] Loading C:\WINDOWS\system32\d3d11.dll
[10/16/2018 7:00:00 PM.896] Loaded at 0x7FFB14A20000
[10/16/2018 7:00:00 PM.897] D3D11CreateDeviceAndSwapChain at 0x7FFB14A35950
[10/16/2018 7:00:00 PM.897] Creating Direct3D 11 device and swap chain
[10/16/2018 7:00:00 PM.922] Swap Chain is NULL. Trying again...

It kept repeating that about 10 times and nothing came after (probably because I closed the game. I dont know if Direct3d is the issue but I do have direct3d 12 according my dxdiag so I dont know if thats the issue?

EDIT: FIXED THE ISSUE.. fixed by going into advanced settings of rage and checking the directx setting (I think it says disable directx)

Edited by toscanOs

OK once again cant edit the old post. LSPDFR works but barely... I can go on duty but pulling over cars doesnt work, accepting callouts doesnt work. Nothing really works. I also get a message that says RPH is trying to put a message in the middle of my screen but is having problems working with directx. Turning directx back on goes back to the old issue of not going into story mode with RPH.  Have no idea what the problem is if someone has a fix that would be greatly appreciated

14 minutes ago, Pav500 said:

In rage settings Force windowed mode.

finally thanks this works! kinda sucks to play in windowed mode but its not that bad.

Just now, toscanOs said:

finally thanks this works! kinda sucks to play in windowed mode but its not that bad.

You can go back to full screen mode. You just need to start the game in windowed mode.